CH.29

Rin then really got to thinking. If he was Satan's offspring, then why not just kill him as soon as he was born? Why? Satan himself is dangerous, wouldn't his children be just the same? Well, Rin couldn't really think that last part, he and Yukio were brothers, and none of them are like Satan. To Rin's knowledge at least....

    Rin rolled on his back and thought a bit more. Why did Rin live? Why was he even allowed to be born in the first place if he had the same blood of someone so dangerous....Rin discarded all of his thoughts. Thinking it was useless to think about it since he was already born.

    Rin laid on his side, facing the wall. But another thought struck his mind. He already knew who his real father was.... So then....

    Who was his birth mother?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Some time had passed and Rin was walking around the city as it was a Saturday morning. Nothing really much to do. Rin sighed, he was bored with really nothing to do. As a matter of fact, ever since his little trip to see his adoptive father (Eddie), nothing new had been happening. 

    Rin goes to school, then the cram school where they learn how to kill demons (Which secretly tells Rin how to kill himself-) then after that, Rin goes to Shura where she teaches him how to control his flames, then goes back to where he's temporarily staying at (With Bon), prepares dinner, and as Bon cleans the dishes Rin goes shower, brushes his teeth, and goes to bed.

    Rin then repeats the same the following days. Rin mentally sighed. Rin looked around and saw there really wasn't much to do. Should he just head back? Nah, he spends way too much time over there, and he needs some fresh air.

     Rin walked and saw a book store. Rin stared and came to a decision.

    "I'mma look, and if I see anything I like I'll buy, and when I say buy, I mean I'm using Yukio's money so he's technically buying" Rin muttered to himself as he happily walked to the bookstore. 

     Rin walked in and began looking around. It was a fairly small store, but it had enough. Rin looked all over the store. He found a gaming area, an anime area which was full of merch and manga's. Then history books, and all that shit. In the far back was the witchy area, along with pride things. 

     Rin looked around, he liked exploring. Rin wasn't bored looking at any and all of the things here in the store. But in the end, he didn't really find anything to buy. So he walked out of the store and walked around a bit more. 

    Well, it seemed Rin had entered a far more interesting part of town, cuz he was kept busy strolling around, and managed to buy a couple of small things. Then he passed by a woman who seemed to be trying to make something. Rin watched as she pitifully tried selling it.

     Well, Rin could do with a little snack. He walked up, the lady beamed when Rin asked for a sample. She nodded and gave him one. Rin tried a bite, and she waited for his input on it. Rin quickly swallowed the food and he smiled kindly at her.

     "Could do with a little but of salt and Saffron" He said.

     She smiled "Thanks" She said. Rin then looked at the noodles she was trying to make.

     Rin kept his kind smile "May I?" He asked.

     She was surprised, but she nodded. She moved out of the way as Rin set his belongings down. Rin tasted the food, and began to work by adding what he thought was needed. 

.

.

.

.

.

      Before Rin knew it, many people surrounded both Rin and the woman, she advertised the food as Rin tried his best to keep up with the people who wanted a taste. Rin's arms were aching, but the amount of people who enjoyed his cooking put a smile on his face.

     The woman patted his back "I'll say! You should work here!" She said.

     Rin looked at her as he handed out more samples to the people "R-really?" He asked.

    She nodded "Yea! You're a skillful cook, managed to fix my mistake! What do you say?" She asked.

    Rin thought for a moment. But he smiled nonetheless once again, this time, his smile radiated that of the sun. 

     "Sure!"

      By the end of the day, the sun had already set halfway, Rin met with the boss there as the woman told him of Rin's amazing work. Rin blushed with embarrassment, but he remained silent, not wanting to say anything dumb. 

     But Rin's thoughts halted to a stop when the boss, who was like 5 feet taller than Rin, patted his back with a laugh that almost resembled Santa's. Instead of a "Ho ho ho" it was a "HAHAHA!" Rin was startled. 

     "My! Say, come back tomorrow, show me your skills! Show me how much of a cook you are young man! Depending on your skills, I'll offer you a job here" He said.

     Rin smiled "Okay! What time?" Rin asked, his heart beating faster, getting quite excited.

     The boss guy told him a time and asked for Rin's number. 

    "Oh, uh. I don't have a phone" Rin said, slightly embarrassed. 

     Were phone's something people had nowadays? The boss guy laughed and told him it wasn't a problem, and then asked where he lived, so the boss guy can send him a letter if Rin got the job. 

     Rin wrote it on a slip of paper and the boss guy looked at it.

     "True Cross huh? That fancy school? What're your plans when you graduate?" He asked, folding the paper neatly and stuffing it in his apron.

     "Uh, I'm not sure" Rin said.

     That was the honest truth, not one did Rin really ever put much thought into what he wanted to be. He was practically forced into taking Cram School lessons for his demonic powers so he could learn to control them. 

      The man smiled once again "If you succeed well here, I think you'll do just fine as a cook" He said.

    Rin nodded, Rin needed to go, and he promised he'd be back the next day. The male and the woman smiled as they waved Rin bye. Rin ran home quickly. For once, he was excited about this change of events. After all.

     Life changing events happen when you least expect it.

[To be continued...]

Hello, I've risen from the dead once again, I managed to find time to update, I'll try to update a chapter from each story, but I dunno how often it'll be. But I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Have a good Morning / Afternoon / Night!

And I'll see you in the next chapter!