Chapter 7

Bennett's POV 

"LEO!" I shouted as he and Caspian stumbled through the door.

"Mate," He breathed out as relief washed over his tired face.

This reminded me of the first time we had met Caspian's mysterious brother. He was all battered, bruised and bloody. Lovely.

"I am so glad you are safe." Leomaris whispered against my neck as he scooped me up into his arms.

"At least you're back now, come on let me clean those cuts." I said as I helped him over to a chair.

I don't know where this feeling of belongingness came from whenever I was around Leo but I liked it, he made me feel complete again. I studied his injuries and glanced to my right where Jonah was doing the same but with Caspian.

"What happened then?" I asked.

"They threatened us and then attacked." Caspian said whilst trying to pull Jonah into his lap.

"Six of them didn't really have a chance against us. We were trained by the best warriors in the pod." Leomaris added proudly.

"Are they still after the crystal then?" Jonah asked.

"Yes but we need to get it to a safer place. If the Zambezis manage to find the house then they won't stop until they get the element." Leo replied.

"What is your kingdoms element?" I asked.

"Air, that's how we cast the wave to get you two back to shore." Leo tilted his head slightly and looked me up and down. There was an awkward silence as he looked to me then Jonah suspiciously.

"What?" I asked confused of the look he was giving us.

"They were waiting for you, weren't they?" He said whilst standing up, "Two of them by the rocks?"

"How did yo-" I was cut off by Leo shouting.

"They almost got them Caspian! Why didn't I see it, of course they had warriors waiting, they knew we would send them away from us out of immediate danger." Leomaris growled pacing back and forth fists clenched.

"How did you know?" I tried again.

"Jonah's leg is cut most likely from the rocks and that wouldn't have happened if you did what we said and Bennett, you have wood stuck in your hand. Two more warriors joined in fighting but why didn't they just come with the other group? They had a different job to do and that is to bring the mates of the Princes to their leaders."

"They are not just after the crystal anymore Caspian."

"What do we do now?" I asked Leo.

"I don't know. We need to wait for word of the Kingdom."

--

Jonah's POV

"Caspian!" I giggled as he kept licking my neck as I was trying to watch TV. Trying is the word here. After what Leomaris had told us about the warriors wanting Bennett and I too, both brothers have been on high alert. Leo won't put poor Bennett down who is carried everywhere and Caspian is being very affectionate.

"Jonah," Bennett called to me "Can you come here please?"

"Coming." I called back.

I went to stand up however Caspian had other ideas as he picked me up with one arm rested me on his hip and walked off towards Bennett. Oookay then.

I smiled to myself and rested my head on his shoulder enjoying how much care he was investing in me today. I could get used to this I thought just as we entered mine and Bennett's art room. When we first moved into this house it was used as a study but we decided to use it as an art room as there was a good amount of light coming through the French doors that led into the garden.