Chapter 19

Opening my eyes was a struggle as I felt like something was weighing them down, preventing me from opening them. I groaned as I tried to move but my head pounded and my body ached. I'll be fine in a minute if I just regain my senses I thought to myself as finally was able to pry my eyes open.

Whoa...

Above me were thousands of beautiful blue shimmering crystals that sparkled and mirrored my own fuzzy reflection. Each one a different shape and a slightly different shade blue than the rest. My eyes travelled around the oval shaped room and I could make out two more fuzzy outlines of Caspian and Leo who were looking down at something. I shifted on whatever I was lying on and whimpered as my skin felt like it was tearing.

"Jonah!" I heard Caspian's voice and his fuzzy outline ran towards me.

"I can't see," I cried panicking that I was going blind.

"It's okay, shh, you will be fine in a while Kitten just relax for me."

"What happened, where am I?" I asked trying desperately to get my eyes to focus.

"You're safe we are in a cove, you will remember what happened soon but for now just relax, you're wounded."

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths and opened them again. The level of vision I had increased but it still wasn't back to normal. I groaned and shifted around but gasped at the pain in my back, it felt like my skin tore again.

"C-Casp, my back." I strained to say finding breathing difficult because of the pain.

"Stay completely still Jonah, you'll hurt yourself more." He said but something about his voice made him sound uncertain.

"Leo, bring the plant quickly!" Caspian shouted.

The burning pain continued and tears slipped down my cheeks. I heard Leo's heavy footsteps as he ran over to us and handed Caspian a handful of red seaweed that was attached to a silvery rock.

"I'm going to roll you over so I can treat your back, okay?" I nodded in response and Caspian quickly moved me from lying on my back to my stomach.

My eyesight had drastically improved to my relief and I was lying in some kind of rock pool/seaweed bed. I was surrounded my small rocks and stones some of which glittered with small crystals. I was lying on a mound of very soft and warm seaweed surrounded by hot steaming water that warmed the seaweed bed like an electric blanket.

"I'm sorry if this hurts you," Caspian said quietly before pressing the cool stone to my back.

It stung like alcohol on a cut at first, but the coldness of the stone soothed the hot burning pain. He rubbed it over every area my skin prickled with heat as the stone felt like it was dispensing something onto the infected areas.

"What does the stone do? It feels so good." I sighed in relief as the pain subsided and it felt like I could breathe again.

"This is called a healing plant. It diffuses a type of medicine out from the plant then into to the rock which cools it and puts it onto your back, look," He held the plant at an angle so I could see it and the once red colour it held was now gone and replaced by a dull grey. "The medicine is in the plant and it has drained out now so its colour has gone." He explained.

"Wow, well it feel lots better, thank you." I said tiredness hitting me suddenly.

"Anything for you kitten, I love you so much." Caspian replied kissing my cheek.

"I love you too; can you lie down with me?" I asked hopefully needing to have my mate close.

"Of course Kitten." He said softly nuzzling my neck. "Can you drink this quickly Jojo; it will help with the healing."