Chapter 28

4 months later.

A lot had happened since I have got back to the Kingdom. Firstly Kailian's funeral along with the other mermen and mermaids who had lost their lives for us. We had a long service celebrating their lives and decorating their places of rest. Mer people do things different under the sea and funerals were not all sad. Families and friends brought things they loved and to remind them of the people they lost and decorated their graves leaving offerings for their Gods.

My baby bump is very noticeable now and Caspian is obsessed with it and our little daughter inside. We went for a scan and found out the gender after I got back just to check she was okay with me being so stressed and all. I just wanted to make sure I didn't hurt her. Tamesis had gone mad with making all the clothes for her, stitching on tiaras and crowns on her little baby grows. Caspian and I had been thinking of names these last few months as well as collecting things for when she arrives.

Caspian was going to become King soon! Seaton and Coralia had decided he was old enough and could rule well with me at his side as Queen too. I didn't mind the title as much as I probably should have though.

I hummed to myself rubbing my swollen tummy. Caspian was with his parents off discussing King Duties whilst I stayed in our room and put away baby clothes. I had collected lots of cute sleepsuits that will keep her warm, the clothes Tamesis made with a promise there was more to come, baby grows, long sleeve tops, hats, socks, anything I could think of I had and we've got quite the collection.

---

"How is she?" Caspian asked Dune holding my hand.

"She's very healthy; she'll be a big baby." Dune told us smiling.

I looked at the image the ultrasound was displaying and saw her move. Just 5 more months until we could hold her.

"Thanks Dune. How's Mizuko?"

"Oh he's fine." Dune said blushing and playing with a strand of his long hair, a smile on his lips.

"You'd make a lovely mother if you and Mizuko had a baby, Dune." I smiled.

"I-I don't know we haven't talked about it really." Dune said shuffling some papers around.

"Leave him be Kitten," Caspian chuckled. "I'm sure Dune and Mizuko will talk about that when they're ready."

"I'm just saying." I grumbled.

"Here are your photos from the scan." Dune handed over the black and white fuzzy images of our baby. I had been making a scrap book and every time I went for a check-up (which was often as Caspian worried) I would add another photo and note any progress.

Caspian helped me sit up and wiped the gel of my stomach. We thanked Dune again and walked back to our room, well I more like waddled.

---

"Massage my back will you Casp?" I asked from where I was lying on our bed.

I was too hot in everything and I was so restless. My body ached from being on my feet all day and I couldn't get comfy no matter how hard I tried. I had thrown the blankets off of me and lay there in a cool white robe. I was silky and felt nice against my skin. It was one of the only things I liked to wear when it was just me and Caspian. I had no hot material clinging to me and I didn't have to worry if I my leggings would fit tomorrow now I'm getting bigger.

"Coming," He called walking out of the bathroom with a handful of plants. "These oils will sooth you and help your muscles to relax."

"Sounds amazing, I need that." I groaned. Caspian climbed over me and reached his hands around to my front and untied the robe sliding it down my shoulders letting the air hit my exposed skin.