Chapter 21

The Kingdom's warriors did a final scout of the area before we were allowed out of the cove. Caspian insisted I stayed glued to his side and Bennett was being carried by Leo. The Kingdom was told of our arrival today and security went up tenfold. I was scheduled to meet Caspian's parents aka, the King and Queen. Nervous was an understatement. I was worried they would think I wasn't enough for their son. I'm not strong nor am I highly intelligent I don't know what I could offer the Kingdom, most likely every Mer person was stronger than me, and sea smart you could say. I still had so much to learn.

Mizuko was shouting orders and the other warriors/guards surrounded us for protection. Dune was looking around with wide eyes braiding a section of his long hair. Everyone else had changed into their Mer forms but Dune was still in human.

"He gets nervous Kitten; Mizuko was the only one who could touch him at first." Caspian whispered to me.

"How come?" I asked as I watched Dune swim over to Mizuko and hold onto his arm tightly.

"I don't know exactly, Mizuko didn't want to tell us much."

"Prince Caspian, we are ready when you are." Mikuzo called out stopping our conversation about his mate and bowed his head respectfully, Dune now clamped to his waist.

"We are ready, the Kingdom has been informed and security is on high alert. You know what to do if something goes wrong." Caspian said looking over each one of the warriors.

"Yes, Sir," They repeated.

Outside the cove looked different during the day. The coral was dark and not like shallow water coral, and they didn't glow when you hovered over them which was disappointing.

"Kitten, you ready?"

"Yeah," I replied turning away the coral. "I can't wait to see your Kingdom."

"Ours, Kitten," He smiled.

I would never grow tired of this. The water pushing your hair back like the wind as you flew through the sky. All the beautiful fish and plants whizzed by in a blur. We swam over a deep, dark ravine and I could only imagine the different species living down there. Caspian held me tight and pointed out things I might like to see. This time in the Atlantic Ocean, loads of animals migrate here to mate, find more food or for the sunlight, so we were lucky enough to be able to swim by a pod of Humpback whales. I wanted to stay and watch them so badly but Caspian said we could see them another time. I pouted but complied as we swam on further. The whales sang as we passed by them making me try and pull Caspian back but he just chuckled and said not now.

Bennett would love to see this I thought, lying on Caspian's back. When he gets better I will take him out here definitely. I turned over so Caspian and I were back to back and I could see everything above me. It was so relaxing watching everything pass by. The sun shone above the water giving everything below a much more magical feel. The lack of sleep in the last few days caught up on me in that moment and my eyes were closing and sleep was starting to set in.

---

"Here it is," Caspian said gently shaking me awake from where I was lying on his back.

"Wha...?" I mumbled blinking away the sleepy state I was in.

"Look, Kitten," Caspian said holding me in front of him.

"It's just kelp?" I said confused.

"Go through it," He encouraged giving my bum a pat as a cue to move forward.

I swam forward a little and looked left and right. The forest of kelp went on as far as the eye could see. I couldn't see the bottom of the sea floor but the kelp kept going, disappearing into the dark blue water. I looked back at Caspian for reassurance and he nodded smiling. Stretching my hands out I pushed the kelp apart then swam through. I could see light just ahead of me and slowly I parted the slimy plant and my heart stopped at what I saw. My mouth was agape, heart in my throat and my breathing stopped.