Chapter 25

"Hey! Get off me."

"This one's trouble," A gruff voice said. "He won't stop fighting."

"I said let go. DON'T TOUCH ME, BITCH!"

I was startled awake at the sound of voices outside the door. My body ached and I was freezing considering I was only in a pair of shorts tied to a mental post on the hard floor with water puddles surrounding me. I had struggled all night to untie the rope but it wouldn't budge and I had nasty rope burn for my efforts. I heard shuffling and a couple bangs getting closer until the lock turned and my spirits were lifted when I saw Bennett being shoved into the room.

"Fuck you, nothings gunna keep me in this room." He spat trying to get up. The two Zambezis sneered at him and slammed the door. My body physical sagged at the sight of Bennett. I was so relieved to have him here; the whole situation of being prisoner didn't seem so bad at that moment in time.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I laughed. His head snapped to me and a grin spread across his face.

"Jonah! No way. When did they get you?"

"Yesterday when Caspian handed me over to these guards they were actually Zambezis. They said they'd bomb the place if I didn't go with them." I said sadly looking at the ground.

"Well I was taken around the same time. Leo left to go fight and I had to go with these guards. They didn't look right the moment I laid eyes on them. They tied up my hands but I managed to get out of it and punch one then made a run for it, they caught me though."

"You punched one?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't zap them or something. Should have used those powers Jonah."

"I guess. But what if I had and then the whole palace was destroyed? Everyone killed and it would have been my fault. I didn't want to risk it."

"Yeah, they must have had lots more insiders to pull an attack as big as they did. When I ran from them I ran towards a window and saw everyone fighting. It was horrible, and knowing Leo was out there with them."

"I miss Caspian." I said quietly.

"I miss Leo too but we need to get out now. We don't know when someone will walk through that door so we need to be quick." I watched as Bennett struggled and twisted his body until he managed to get his hands under him and around his front. "Yes! Jonah I need to use your powers to break this rope. He said running over to me and holding his bound wrists in front of my face.

"I can't do that, I might hurt you. I don't even know what I can do yet and Coralia said I shouldn't try anything too big at the moment with me being pregnant. She said my mothering instincts will come out and everything will be a lot more powerful, because I'm protecting my baby now."

Bennett sighed and started pulling at the rope with his teeth.

"I can't just sit here Jonah. I'm not becoming some man's bitch." Bennett replied furiously struggling with the rope.

"This place is dark and wet; it has no windows, concrete floors, ceilings and walls, and the only way out is through that door." I said nodding towards the heavy steel door.

"I know," Bennett sniffed, tears filling his eyes. "There has to be something we can do. Or Leo and Caspian will come bursting through that door any second and take us back home."

"As much as we might wish that I don't think it's going to happen. They might still be fighting and won't even know we're missing."

"Can you try to untie my hands?" I asked changing the subject. "If you can then I will try to use my powers on the door."