Chapter 15

"How is he?"

"He's trying to be okay I can tell, but I know how sad he really is as I can feel it." Leo sighed.

I bit my lip and closed my eyes feeling so bad for Bennett right now. I can't even begin to imagine what he's feeling like. I think he has been taking his anti-depressants but you never know what it's going to be like this time of year. I always leave them on the table for him at breakfast so it should be no problem. I don't want to start making him feel worse by assuming he doesn't know what's best for himself so I'll leave it.

"Has he eaten anything yet?"

"No, he said he wasn't hungry."

"Well he needs to eat!" I whispered yelled. Frustrated I stomped off to the kitchen to make Bennett some breakfast and give him his medication. I popped the bread down in the toaster and put a glass of orange juice on a tray for him along with a yogurt and Bennett's favourite fruit, a nectarine. Once the toast was ready I added Nutella and grabbed his tablets.

"Bennett it's me, I brought you breakfast I'm coming in okay?" I didn't hear anything from the other side so opened the door with my elbow as I was holding the tray with my hands.

The curtains were drawn and there was a lump under the duvet and I could just see Bennett's brown locks sticking out. Leo was sat next to him looking at him sadly. Leo looked up when I came in, weakly smiled and stood up. He gave me a head nod of appreciation but his eyes were a deep blue colour like Caspian's were when the crystal made me pass out. Mers are very expressive through their eyes.

"We're outside if you need us, he won't talk to me." Leo said quietly. I nodded my head and assumed he was talking about him and Caspian.

"Hey Bennett, do you want to eat something?" I asked setting the tray down. Getting no response I collapsed onto the bed next to him and cuddled him into me the best I could with him being buried under the blankets and all.

"Mmhh Jonah, get off." Bennett muffled response came.

"Nope," I replied popping the 'p'. "Leo's worried about you; his eyes were a sad blue colour."

"Why?" Bennett said in a stubborn tone.

"What do you mean why Bennett baby?" I said snuggling into him even more. "Of course he's going to be worried about you. He's your mate and he loves you." There was a slight pause before the covers were flung off him and he stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"He doesn't love me." Bennett closed his eyes and turned over.

"Has he ever told you he doesn't? No. He carries you whenever he can so he will know you're safe with him, the looks he gives you is of pure love and happiness whenever you're around him!" I stressed. "Leo never acts like that around me or Caspian, you alone Bennett makes him complete! As cheesy as it sounds though, it's true."

"I'm just scared that he's going to leave me, or something will happen to him." Bennett whispered the last part his voice cracking slightly as he turned over and cuddled into me.

"Nothing will Bennett, don't think like that. I want you to be happy from now on. Happy with Leo because he can help you so much. Now come on and eat your toast before it gets cold."

Bennett's POV

"NO I'M NOT FINE! HE'S GONE; IT TOOK HIM FROM ME, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

"Bennett please calm down, it's okay-" Jonah tried.

"S-Stop please, l-leave me alone." I cried tears running down my face. My throat felt like it was closing up and I couldn't get air into my lungs. Leo put a hand on my arm in attempt to comfort me but I just screamed and threw his hand off me. Jonah was crying now too, biting his thumb not knowing what to do while Caspian pulled him away. Everything was closing in on me and I hated them seeing me like this. I wiped away my still falling tears and ran to the bathroom and locked myself in. I collapsed on the floor curling up into a ball raking my hands through my hair pulling at it.