Chapter 11

"Jonah, wake up!"

 "Wha...?" I opened my eyes to see Bennett practically half and inch away from my face. Morning to you too Bennett. 

"Come on she looks like a real mermaid!" He said excitedly and started pulling me up out of bed.

"Nooo," I whined, "Bennett my head hurts leave me be." I grumbled before turning over into my nice, warm and cosy bed. 

"Fine, I'll just let Caspian get you." He said rolling his eyes and stalking off like the diva he is. He hates it when I call him that, something to tease him with later then. 

"Kitten you're awake!" Caspian purred and scooped me up into his arms with no effort. 

 "Casp I'm tired, lets sleep." I said giving him my best pout and nuzzled his chest hoping he'd give in. I mainly said that just so I got to cuddle with him and maybe other things too... 

"I know Jojo, the warriors filled the air with a type of sleeping mist to make it easier to take you but once you're up it'll be fine." 

"Does it do anything else to me?" 

"No kitten, just makes you feel tired." 

"I'm just gunna sleep then." I said whilst wriggling in his arms trying to get back to my bed. 

"Jonah, Marilla has news from my kingdom that I would like you to hear." Caspian said whilst walking towards the door. 

"Wait! I need clothes." I said whilst jumping out of Caspian's arms and opening my draws. I knew I wasn't going to get out of it now so might a well look presentable. I pulled on some basketball shorts and a soft grey jumper then Caspian grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the living room. Why is everyone in such a rush? 

As we entered I saw Bennett and Leomaris in their usual corner seat glued together but sat on the other sofa was the mermaid I presume. She had long shiny honey coloured hair that ended just below her waist, fair skin, brown eyes and a heart shaped face. She was wearing a blue dress with small white flowers on it and had nothing on her feet. She stood up to greet us and bowed respectfully at Caspian I suppose as he is a prince from where they come from. 

"Marilla, good to see you are well." Caspian said. 

"Same for you too Prince, may I?" She asked looking to me then back to Caspian. 

"Yes" He nodded. 

"Nice to meet you Prince Jonah," She beamed, "My name is Marilla." 

"Hello," I said shyly leaning into Caspian's arm slightly. "Please just call me Jonah." 

 "Of course," She said bowing her head at me. 

 "Marilla, you have news on the kingdom I am told?" Caspian said slitting down onto the sofa and pulling me onto his lap. 

 "Yes prince, it seems lots of different smaller pods are being attacked by the Zambezis. Similar to when we were attacked, they don't seem to act with much direction, they take whatever valuables they can find and leave. They don't seem interested to fight but it looks as if they are only acting to scare us and see how far they can push us without getting our warriors to go after them." Marilla spoke with such a soft yet strong and voice. From just only meeting her a minute ago I can already get an overall idea of her personality. She seems strong and very determined. She seems to know her own mind and at a first glance she puts across a very confident manner.

 I relaxed back into Caspian's arms as he talked something about defence and borders I watched Marilla's actions carefully. When she first sat down she would run her thumb up and down her dress very slightly and that shows to me someone who was nervous and maybe not as sure of themselves as they put up.