Character name meanings

Hey everyone, I wanted to make this extra part to show the name meanings as I chose most of the names as they related to the ocean in some way. I have included the characters that were mentioned the most in the story.

Character name meanings

Jonah - Of Hebrew origin meaning 'dove' and also 'peace'.

Caspian - The Caspian Sea of course!

Bennett - The origin of the name is Latin and means 'Little blessed one'.

Leomaris - Means Lion of the sea.

Seaton - From old English origin meaning 'town by the sea'.

Coralia - This was the name of a dancing mermaid in a 19th century ballet. I chose this name because it sounds like coral but also because I do ballet and I thought it was nice.

Kailani - Hawaiian name meaning 'sea' and 'sky'.

Tamesis - Of English origin meaning 'dark one'. It can also be a girl's name meaning 'Goddess of the river' in Greek.

Dune - I couldn't find much on Dune's name but I used it as it reminds me of sand dunes you can get on a beach.

Marilla - Means 'shining sea'.

Jonah and Caspian's children

Merial - Means 'sea nymph, shining sea, sparkling, shining sea'.

Calder - From Celtic and old English origin meaning 'stream'.

Atlas - Of Greek origin and means 'to carry'. Atlas was a mythical Titan who bore the weight of the world on his shoulders, so the name has connotations of great strength. I used it as not only did I like the name but thought it fit with the story as I have used the Goddess of love and beauty - Aphrodite as the one responsible for the mates. I have also used the 5 Greek elements; air, water, fire, earth and Aether in the book for each element that one of the 5 Kingdom's possesses in each Ocean.

Bennett and Leo's children

Ervin - Means 'green, fresh water.'

Tide - I couldn't find anything on this name but it's pretty self-explanatory.