Chapter 3: Seeing the show

I followed Melissa to the end of the line where people were waiting to get into the theatre. We were in can can seats so we had to be early, but the line was pretty long. When the doors to the theatre opened the line went quick and before I knew it I was in the theatre. Melissa had seen the show once so she knew exactly where we needed to go. When I walked into the house I was stunned by all the decor. The windmill, the elephant. Everything from the movie was there. It was so pretty! I asked Melissa to take my picture so I could put it in my Instagram story. We also took a picture together which I posted with the caption: Best friends night out! Rouge baby!
We walked further into the house to get in our can can seats. I knew they would be great seats, but I hadn't expected it to be this close to the stage. We were in the left can can area, but the two chairs on the most right side so we were right next to the catwalk.
I took my playbill picture with the decor and took everything in.
"Do you love it already?" Melissa asked.
"Lis I can't tell you how happy I am right now. Look at our places and look at the decor it's stunning!"
"I knew you would like it, you like the movie so I thought this was the best place to take you." Melissa said proud of herself.
"Thank you so much Lis, I love you!"

Just when I wanted to say another thing to my best friend, the pre show began.
My mouth fell open from all the beautiful costumes and all the cast that was on stage getting us in the right mood.
Like ten minutes later the music changed and I heard people gasping and some girls where screaming. Melissa took my head and turned it to my right.
The only thing I could say at that moment was: "OMG!"
I was to stunned to speak. I didn't know what to say or to do.

It was when he started walking that I realised what was happening. He came closer and I got more anxious. He knew that I would be here. I told him just before, but why didn't he tell me? Why didn't Melissa tell me?
Melissa laid her hand on my shoulder and whispered "It's gonna be okay." She must have noticed that I was anxious. Aaron walked further down the catwalk, turned around and looked into the audience. At that exact moment we locked eyes. He saw the fear in my eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back at him. Then he raised the sign and the musical really started.
His smile was just calming. I knew he saw me and he knew that I saw him. He looked great in his costume!

The show was amazing! I think my mouth was open for the whole 1st act. Everytime Aaron had the chance he looked my way, at first I smiled but after a while it made me blush. He was so good at what he did out there and his voice was just angelic.
The Elephant Love Medley came to an end. Christian kissed Satine and the lights on stage went out. It was time for intermission.
I didn't notice myself but my mouth was still open.
"Everything okay? Melissa asked laughing a bit. She closed my mouth from under my chin.
"Yeah I'm totally fine." I responded trying to sound as calm as possible.
"I can see that." She laughed a little louder now.
"I'm just... I'm confused Lis. Why didn't he tell me he was the lead in Moulin Rouge? I told him that I was going to see the show tonight."
"I think he wanted to surprise you! Everytime he meets girls and they all know exactly who he is and what he does. Maybe he liked it that it was different with you." Melissa said calmingly.
"Maybe your right. But still he is just a human being like all of us. He's just a handsome guy that happens to be the lead in a Broadway show." I said not really understanding the situation.
"Well I think he likes you, did you see how he looks at you during the show? Every moment that he has the chance, he wants to look at you!"
Ofcourse I saw the way he looked at me during the show it made me blush the whole time. How could I notice it. But it's weird, why was he looking at me?

The lights dimmed and the show began the 2nd act. This act was much more intense than the first one. Backstage Romance was amazing. It didn't take long or my mouth was open again. How did they do this? The choreography, the singing everything was mindblowing. When they got to Chandelier I had to laugh. It was such a good song! And then the transition to Roxanne was incredible. Aaron was incredible. I had tears in my eyes. His voice, his acting, everything was on point. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him during the rest of the 2nd act. Melissa sometimes looked at me and smiled. But I just met the guy this morning. How could all these feelings already be there? I'm sure it was just a crush. Nothing to be scared or worried about.

The 2nd act past by way too fast. Satine died and it was time for the last time 'Come what may'. I cried my eyes out, it was so beautiful. All the feelings that the cast brought into the musical. This was the best musical I had ever seen!
During the encore number everyone stood up and clapped along the music. Melissa and I did the same thing. It was amazing! The connection with the cast when you're in can can is incredible. Next were the bows and the audience went wild. When it was time for Aaron to bow I saw him looking at me. He smiled and I smiled back and I cheered for him. Before walking off stage he said something to me. He asked me to stay a little bit longer and to not go away immediately. He walked away looked a last time at me and smirked.
When everyone stood up to go, I looked at Melissa.
"Did you hear what Aaron said to me?" I asked her. "Why would he ask something like that? Should we really wait?"
"Yes I heard what he said and I think we have to wait. He asked specifically." Melissa said.
Well Lis was right ofcourse we had to wait. I was dying to know why he asked me to stay.
A few minutes later an usher came our way.
"Are you Sophie?" He asked me.