Chapter 38: Debut

It was the most amazing thing to see him that proud. The swing got further down and I looked at the duke as rehearsed and just before I got off the swing I looked into the audience. I saw Melissa sitting in the front row also with tears in her eyes. She gave me a little nod to let me know she was doing okay.
Then I proceeded the scene. Once I was of the swing all my nerves fell off of me. I did single ladies like I've had done it a hundred times. I enjoyed every single second. After the song the audience clapped and cheered loudly.
I felt amazing, this was a dream come true.
We did the "shut up and raise your glass" scene. Aaron kept looking at me for the whole scene. He acted like the silly man he is and that made the scene much more fun. With every touch of him I felt safe.
Before I even knew it, it was time for Elephant love medley. This was the most romantic scene and most relatable, because this was Aaron and me. We had hid our relationship backstage. We both put in a lot of love in this song. This song made it clear how much I loved the guy. But the audience didn't know yet.
This song was the most fun I had in act 1. I could touch Aaron in ways I really wanted to. And he touched me gently everytime. At the end of the song we did our amazing kiss. The audience went crazy for it. And Aaron didn't let go of the kiss very easily.
When all the lights had shut down he let go of the kiss.

Everyone went backstage to do make up touch ups and everything. I went to my dressingroom and Aaron followed behind me.
"Babe, you are fucking killing it!" He said.
He gave me a hug and a very long kiss.
"Thank you Aaron, you make me feel safe on stage! I think we killed Elephant love Medley!" I said.
"We sure did babe!"
Just when I wanted to hug Aaron I got a text on my phone. It was Melissa.

MELISSA:
Omg girl... you are killing it!! And the chemistry between you and Aaron is INSANE!

SOPHIE:
Thanks Lis! It feels so good to play this role! I love you for being here for me!

MELISSA:
Ofcourse! Where else would I be? My best friend in the whole world plays the lead in a Broadway show!

"Babe, are you ready to go back to the stage?" Aaron asked.
It scared me a little, because I was in awe of Melissa her text.
"Yes, more than ready!" I responded. And together we walked back to the stage.
Everyone else was already waiting there for act 2 to begin. When I entered the stage I saw Ashley talking to Ricky and Robyn. I decided to walk over.
"Girl, you are an amazing Satine! I think I will give Alex my notice so he can put you fulltime in this role." Ashley said proudly.
"That's so sweet! But please don't.. I don't think I can handle this eight times a week yet. And besides, you are an amazing Satine as well, so please don't quit." I told Ashley.
She laughed and then hugged me really tight.
"But really Sophie, you are an amazing Satine." Ricky said.
"And you have the most amazing chemistry with Aaron, the audience went crazy for it." Robyn said.
"Thanks guys, but we all know why that is the case." I told them.
We talked a little bit more for a few minutes and then it was time to start act 2.

Act 2 went by very quick. I enjoyed every second of it. Doing Roxanne with Aaron and sing Come what may again, was more than I could ask for. The audience went wild again with Come what May. I had never seen the audience like this with Aaron and Ashley.
Before I knew it was already my scene where Satine died. In rehearsal Aaron got very emotional with this scene, but now it was worse. I think every nerve and feeling he had came out. When I died he even kissed me on the forehead, something he never did with Ashley.
Not many minutes later the cast sang the encore and then it was time for bows. I was on one side of the stage and Aaron on the other side. He looked at me and mouthed: You were incredible!
Then it was time to run onto the stage. We took each others hand and ran forward. We bowed together and then came my solo one. Aaron cheered really loud. And also Melissa yelled a lot of things from the audience. Then Aaron his solo bow came and then the group one.
Aaron pushed me one extra time forward so I could bow just one more time and after that he gave me a hug and a kiss on top of my head.
Then all the cast waved at the audience and we walked back into the wings, together.
The minute we were backstage in the wings Aaron took my hand again and took me with him. The only thing he said was: "Come with me, I have someting special for you."