Chapter 32: Peptalks

A few weeks later we were almost done with rehearsal for my Satine debut. We rehearsed all the songs, dances and text. Aaron and I were already very close but this rehearsal proces brought us even closer together. We almost always slept together. And when we slept alone we would text or talk on the phone.
We still didn't tell anybody yet, except for Melissa ofcourse.
Today would be the last rehearsal before my Satine debut tomorrow.
I was nervous, but good nervous. At least for now.

Aaron and I woke up together.
"Goodmorning beautiful." He said kissing my forehead.
"Goodmorning babe." I answered.
"How did you sleep? Nervous for your last rehearsal today?" He asked.
"I slept fine, not nervous at the moment. It's just rehearsal, but ask me later today." I joked.
Aaron laughed. "I'm sure your answer will be different then."
He kissed me on the lips.
I chuckled softly.
We both got out of bed to get ready for the day. I showered while Aaron was making breakfast.
When I entered the kitchen Aaron was singing and dancing while making breakfast.
"Why so happy mister?" I asked.
"Well, I just thought about how it's going to be your Satine debut tomorrow and that we have our final rehearsal today and that I finally get to see you in those costumes."
"Omg Aaron, is that really the only thing you're excited about?" I asked laughing.
"No, also that we are able to really flirt on stage together and that I get to play this part with you!" He walked over to me while saying that and put his arms around my waist.
"I really like being on stage with you Soph, you're amazing!" He said kissing me.
"I think you're amazing too Aaron, I'm happy to have my Satine debut with you." I said kissing him back.
After kissing for a while we ate our breakfast and did the last things to get ready for the day.

We walked to the theatre and were the first ones to arrive. Aaron walked me to my Satine dressingroom and sat down on my couch. He could see that I was getting a little nervous.
"Babe, your quiet.. what's wrong?"
"It suddenly feels real. This is gonna be the last rehearsal and tomorrow I have to do it for a whole audience. What if I forget something?"
"You're born for this role babe, you're amazing and talented. I know you can do it! And I'm there all the way through!" Aaron said.
I kissed Aaron on the lips. "Thanks babe, I really needed that peptalk!"

Not many minutes later the rest of the cast arrived at the theatre for the last rehearsal. Everyone had to be there to play the show with me. We all had to wear our costumes so that I got used to changing them during the show.
I was curious about Aaron's reaction when he saw me in those costumes for the first time. I think he was very nervous about it himself. Because he got more quiet when we got closer to the last rehearsal.
Aaron went back to his own dressingroom to get himself ready for the last rehearsal and I started to get myself ready too.
Ashley had walked in to the dressingroom not long ago to help me get ready and get through rehearsal.
Every question I had or if I felt nervous about something, Ashley helped me get through it.
She's a real queen and I love her for that.

Everyone was getting ready for rehearsal and they called places in 5 through the speakers.
At that point I got real nervous.
This was it, the last rehearsal before I had to go on tomorrow evening.
"You're going to do great! You're so talented and this role suits you like a glove!" Ashley said.
"You sure? I feel so nervous, what if I fail?"
"Don't be silly Soph, I saw you during rehearsals, this role belongs to you and I couldn't wish for a better understudy. And Aaron is going to be there for you.. I see how he looks at you and how he takes care of you! You two are great together!" Ashley said.
"We what? We're not.. we.." I didn't know what to say.
"It's obvious Soph, you guys are made for each other. I can feel it. I promise I won't tell anyone, if you guys want to explore in private that's fine. But hang on to it. He is going to get you through your rehearsal and your show tomorrow." Ashley said.
"I love you Ashley, thank you so much for this and for being such a good friend!" I said hugging her.
We stayed in that hug for a bit longer until they told us to go to the stage.

Together with Ashley, I walked upstairs to get ready for going down on the swing. She helped me get on it and did breathing exercises with me.
"Break legs Soph! Enjoy as much as you can!"
I took my pose on the swing and before I even knew it, the swing got down and it was my time to shine in my last rehearsal.