Chapter 26: A day off

"SOPH!! Omg that is amazing!" Melissa said.
"I start rehearsing for the role of Satine tomorrow and ofcourse I'm in the show tomorrow. So I'm gonna be busy the next months." I said.
"I'm very happy for you Soph! I really want to be there with your Satine Debut, so let me know. And I'm probably seeing the show sooner to see you shine in the ensemble, girl." Melissa said.
"That's so sweet of you! I will let you know."
"And uhh now that you are going to rehearse to be an understudy for Satine.. does that mean you and Aaron?" She asked curious.
"Does that mean we what Lis?"
"Well, you guys kissed singing on stage last time and now you get to be his love interest role.. are you guys going to explore your feelings?"
"Lis that's for another time, just let me focus on being an understudy and ensemble member first okay?"
"Yeah yeah fine! But I know you like him!"
"Okay, Bye Lis.. good talking to you!" I said.
Melissa laughed on the other end of the line.
"Bye Soph, love you!" She said.

"What was that all about?" Aaron asked.
"Oh she was just really happy for me that I booked the ensemble role and the understudy part." I said casually.
"Yeah, but there was more." Aaron laughed.
"Uhh she was curious if I was going to explore my feelings for you now that I'm going to rehearse to be an understudy for Satine."
"You didn't tell her about us?"
"No I didn't, she doesn't need to know right now, I just want it to be me and you for a while longer."
"Well I want that too.. but we have to be carefull though when we are rehearsing." Aaron said.
"I know, I know." I said a little sad.
"But it's also kind off hot right? I know there is going to be that tension." He said.
I blushed, because I exactly knew what he meant.

We laid on our blanket for a few more hours just enjoying the weather. The back of our hands touching each other even now and then. It was hard to not take his hand in mine, he felt the same.
I turned my head and looked at him, he looked back at me. God those beautiful blue eyes of his.
Then he came a little closer and there it was. He gave me a long sweet kiss.
"W w what are you doing?" I asked.
"I couldn't wait any longer, I needed to kiss you. I've been wanting to kiss you all day now. At this point I don't really care anymore, I just needed to do it."
"Thank you Aaron, I needed it too."

The rest of the day went by very quickly. We went to Aaron's place to get his stuff for the rehearsal and show tomorrow and we fed Miles. Then we took the subway to my place.
Aaron made dinner for us. We ate it on the couch watching a movie. After dinner we cleaned up and washed the dishes together.
We sat on the couch again watching another movie until Aaron saw that I wasn't myself.
He paused the movie.
"Babe, is something wrong?" He asked.
I had already tears in my eyes and one dropped down my cheeck.
"Hey babe, don't cry! I'm here with you."
He pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms tightly around me.
I didn't say a word, I just cried.
"Tell me what's wrong babe."
"I.. I I'm.." I couldn't get words out.
"He sat me up straight and brushed through my hair with his fingers.
"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" He asked.
I nodded still crying.
He wiped my tears away with his thumb.
"I get that honey, but please don't be. You are amazing, you know that? You are the most amazing woman I have ever met in my life. Not to mention you learned an ensemble track within hours and then performed. I know you can do this and I'm going to be there every step of the way." He said trying to calm me down.
"You promise?" I asked softly.
"I promise! I'm there for you and luckily I'm the person you have to rehearse with the next couple of weeks."
When he said that it made me laugh a little.
"See there is that beautiful laugh again!"
He kissed me on my forehead.
I felt a little better already but Aaron wanted to make sure I was fine and that I would have a goodnight sleep.

He lifted me up and walked me to the bathroom. He then put the shower on and started to undress me. A few minutes later he undressed himself. He took my hand and got in the shower with me.
We hugged a long time under the stream of water. He was helping me relax.
Then he took some shower cream and started to wash me. It felt great and relaxing having his touch on my naked body. He really knew what he was doing.
When I was washed he turned me around and started to kiss me. He was very gentle and passionate. It was just love I felt.
He kissed my neck and my collarbone and I started to shiver a little.
I let out a soft moan.
"Someone is relaxing." He said smirking.
When we were done showering we dried ourselfs off and he took a brush and started brushing my hair. I don't know how he knew, but I really liked when someone else brushed my hair.
When he was done he walked into the bedroom and opened his backpack. He got back into the bathroom and gave me one of his shirts.
"That's for you to sleep in." He said.
"But Aaron I have my own PJ's."
"Babe I know you like it better when you sleep in one of my shirts. I brought it specially for you."
I kissed him to say thank you. How was he this great and thoughtful?
I put on his shirt and brushed my teeth. He put on his boxers and also brushed his teeth.
Then we got into my bed.
He put an arm around me so I could crawl into his side. I laid my arm around him.
"You are going to do great Soph, I really believe in you. And I'm honered that I get to have you as my girlfriend but also as a Satine understudy." He said kissing the top of my head.
He set his alarm and then we fell asleep.