Chapter 12: Backstage Romance

It was intermission and I decided to text Aaron back.

Sophie:
You are amazing out there! And my seat is perfect! By the way I also enjoyed singing with you.

Aaron:
Good to hear! No regrets for being here tonight?

Sophie:
Absolutely not! It's the perfect ending of my day.

I smiled while texting Aaron. He was just so sweet. I liked him more and more by the minute.

Aaron:
Come backstage after the show again? I can walk you home if you'd like.

Sophie:
Would love that very much if it's no problem for you! X

Aaron:
Just wait outside the door all the way to the end in the lobby. I'll pick you up to go backstage. X

I couldn't believe what I read. He wanted me to come backstage again. And he wanted to walk me home. I was very happy with that, because I didn't feel safe walking home on my own late at night. With Aaron I always felt safe.

AARON POV:
It was intermission and I saw that Sophie had texted me back. I was happy to see she did. Before the show I had send her a text and she didn't respond. I was afraid she was scared away by the kiss we shared on stage. It was a good kiss! Not like a stage kiss at all, but real! I meant it to be real. I liked Sophie very much! I was almost sure I had felt that she kissed me back, but I wasn't sure. Maybe it was just all in my head.
During intermission I texted with Sophie. We decided she would come backstage again after the show and that I would walk her home. I wanted her to be safe, I couldn't let her walk alone late at night. If something happened to her I would blame myself.
While texting Sophie I was smiling at my phone.
Ashley walked by and saw the big smile I had on my face.
"How are you doing loverboy?" She asked.
I looked up from my phone to see Ashley standing in the doorway smirking.
"Loverboy, what do you mean?" I asked.
"Oh you know, I see how you look at Sophie. And I also see how she looks at you. You like her don't you?"
"Yes we became close friends in just a few days, I care about her." I said denying it was more than that.
"Just as a friend? I saw the way you kissed her. That was not just as a friend." Ashley said.
I blushed and didn't really know how to respond.
"Okay Aaron, the blushing is enough of an answer for me. I'm happy for you!" Ashley said and walked to her own dressingroom again.
I knew Ashley knew better than I told her, but I didn't know if Sophie shared the same feelings and I was afraid to admit my feelings to her.

SOPHIE POV:
Intermission was almost over and people started to come in again. It was time for act 2 and I loved that one. It had the best music in it! Backstage Romance, Chandelier, Aaron singing Roxanne and ofcourse Come what may. That song had a special place in my heart since this day.
The lights dimmed again and act 2 started.
Aaron walked out on stage and told the story he always did. I couldn't keep my eyes of off him it was beautiful. At one point in telling the story Aaron looked my way. But not just for a few seconds. We had deep eyecontact for most of the story. It was the most intense when he said the last sentence: "Our love wasn't the only backstage romance."

I blushed, but was happy to sit a little further away so Aaron wouldn't notice. Ricky and Robyn did Backstage Romance and it was even more incredible than the first time I had seen it.
When it was time for Come what may, I had butterflies in my stomach. It brought me back to the moment I was on that stage just a few hours ago. Singing the same some, with the same man Ashley sang with. He was beautiful, it was beautiful. I noticed that Aaron looked at me from the stage during the number. Was he also thinking back of our moment? He quickly focussed on Ashley again so the audience wouldn't get suspicious.
The rest of the show went by very quick again. I enjoyed Roxanne very much, because Aaron did the opt up. God I loved when he did that, his voice was just perfect.
During curtain call the audience was cheering and screaming. There was even a girl who yelled that she loved Aaron. Aaron responded with love you too. I laughed, he was just so adorable.

The show was over and everyone left the theatre. I walked as I was told to the door all the way to the end of the lobby. I knew the door because that was the door I walked through the first time I went backstage.
I waited outside the door for a while and then the door opened. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. The door closed. The person who pulled me inside gave me a hug. When I let loose of the hug I looked up and I saw Aaron.
"What are you doing silly?" I asked laughing.
"Well I ofcourse can't be seen in the lobby after the show, too many fangirls out there." He said.
"You could've send someone else to pick me up here?"
"That wasn't an option, I needed to get you myself, I just needed to." He said, not really explaining himself.
Together we walked to his dressingroom where he undressed himself from the Christian outfit and put on his own clothes.
"Do you mind if I stagedoor for a while?" He asked.
"Perfectly fine by me Aaron, I will entertain myself in your room."
"Thank you! It makes it easier for us to leave if I do stagedoor. Just give me a few minutes." He said leaving for stagedoor.
I sat down on his couch again and took my phone to scroll through Instagram.
A few moments later Ashley walked by Aarons dressingroom and saw me sitting on the couch.
"Hey girl, did you like the show tonight?" She asked.
"Ashley hi, yes it was amazing as always!"
"Good, because I have the feeling that you are going to be here more often."
Ashley walked away again and left me in my thoughts. What did she mean by: I have the feeling that you are going to be here more often.
I didn't have that much money to visit the show everytime. And I mean, yes Aaron and I were friends, but he wasn't going to invite me everytime or something. He has his own life and I have mine.