Chapter 13: Stay with me

Aaron grabbed his stuff and we walked out of the theatre. Since my apartment was in Midtown it was only a 15 minute walk, but we talked for the whole 15 minutes. We talked about how I met Melissa, how Aaron got into Moulin Rouge and a lot of other things. The only thing we didn't talk about was us singing together today and the kiss.
It left me with all those thoughts in my head, but I was anxious to talk about it myself.
While walking the side of our hands kept touching each others, but we both didn't do anything about it.

We arrived at my apartment and Aaron walked me all the way to my front door.
"Thank you Aaron for walking me home." I said.
"No worries, I just want you to be safe in this big city." He responded.
He hugged me and wanted to say goodnight, but then a question came out of my mouth.
"Aaron, do you maybe want to come in for a while? Have something to drink? I don't want to be alone just yet."
"Ofcourse I will! I would love to." He said.
I opened the door and he walked inside behind me and closed the door.
"What do you want to drink? I have water, soda or beer?"
"Water is fine, thank you Soph."
He sat down on my couch and turned on the tv.
"Shall we watch some F.R.I.E.N.D.S or something? I know that always makes me feel less alone." He said.
"That's actually one of my favorite series to watch, you can put in on if you like, I'll be there in just a minute."
I texted Melissa to let her know I was home safe and that the show had been fun. She propably was already asleep, but texted her anyway.
I walked to my couch with two glasses of water and put them on the table in front of us. Then I sat down on the couch next to Aaron.
"You ready?" He asked and as I nodded yes he put on the next episode.

As we watched a few episodes I could feel Aaron was coming a little closer to me every second. When he was close enough I laid my head on his shoulder and he laid his arm around me. We watched more episodes in that position without saying anything to each other. I was happy I invited him in, because this was exactly what I needed.
I didn't want this feeling and moment to end.
So I put all my anxiety aside and asked Aaron a question.
"Aaron...?"
"Yes Sophie, is something wrong?"
"Is there any way you can stay over tonight? I can sleep on the couch and you can sleep on my bed, I don't mind. I just.. I.. I don't want to be alone tonight, not after a day like this."
Aaron looked at me shocked but then smiled.
"It's okay Soph, I'm staying over. And you can sleep in your own bed, I will take the couch it's no problem." He said.
"Are you sure? About the couch and staying over? What about Miles?"
"Miles is gonna be fine, a friend of mine walked him this evening and fed him."
I sighed in relief.

Then I walked over to my bedroom and got Aaron a blanket and a pillow.
"I need to shower before I go to sleep, just wash the show of. Do you mind if I use yours?" Aaron asked.
"No that's no problem." I said.
Aaron got his stuff and walked into the bathroom. I could hear him turning on the shower. I decided to put on my shorts and tanktop to sleep in and sat down on my bed waiting for Aaron to finish.
Aaron came out of the bathroom in only his boxers. He looked amazing!
"Sorry didn't plan on staying over so I have to sleep like this." He said.
I blushed and didn't know anything to say.
I headed into the bathroom to brush my theeth and cleaned of my make up.
When I walked out of the bathroom Aaron was still in my room.
"You're tired, I thought you would already be asleep." I said.
"Well I just wanted to say goodnight to you and tell you that if anything is wrong, just wake me up."
He gave me a kiss on the cheeck and walked to the couch to make himself comfortable.
"Thank you." I said from my bedroom.
I got in to my bed and shut of the lights. Aaron did the same in the living area.

A while later I still wasn't asleep. There were still thoughts in my head and a feeling that I could not explain. I was staring at the ceiling. Then I decided to text Aaron to see if he was still awake.

Sophie:
Are you asleep? Or are you still up?

It didn't take much time for him to respond.

Aaron:
Still up, lots of thoughts going through my head.

Sophie:
Same here, I don't know what it is.

Then I heard knocking on my bedroom door figuring it was Aaron.
"Come in." I said.
Aaron opened the door and walked into my room.
"Can I stay with you for a few minutes?" He asked.
I padded down on my bed and he sat next to me.
There was silence for a few minutes.
"I like you Sophie." Aaron said.
"And the reason I can't sleep is because you are on my mind. I missed you on the couch! I missed having you around me." He said softly.
"I like you too Aaron and I missed you around me too."
Aaron laid down next to me and hugged me tight from behind.
"Can I stay in your bed tonight?" He asked.
"I just need to feel you if I want a goodnight sleep."
"Yes Aaron, please stay here with me! Don't you even dare to let me go." I said.
He hugged me even tighter and then we both fell asleep.