Chapter 35: A little bit nervous

"Thank you Lis!" I said.
"So tonight huh? I can't wait to see you as Satine!" Melissa said.
"I'm so happy that you are there! I can't do it without my best friend there. What row are you on?"
"I uhhh.. I booked front row!" Melissa said fast.
"You did what? But that is a lot of money Lis!" I yelled a little.
"I know, I know.. but you are my best friend in this whole world and it's not that a best friend has her debut in a leading role on Broadway every other week or something."
I looked at Melissa with tears in my eyes, I was so grateful to have her as my best friend.
Aaron noticed that I was tearing up and reached for my hand.
"I'm very proud of you Sophie! Look what New York did to you!"
"Thank you Lis, that means so much to me! I'm so happy that you are my best friend and I love having you front row tonight!"
"Soph stop, you're making me cry already!" Melissa said.
"Okay, now I'm confused who is more nervous for tonight.." Aaron joked.
Melissa and I both laughed.
We all stood up and decided to take another walk through the park. Aaron picked up Miles from where he was playing.
The walk was really peacefull and calming. Just what I needed before the big show tonight. But I couldn't say I wasn't nervous. The closer the time, the more nervous I got.

We all walked for another good 20 minutes. Then it was time to say goodbye to Melissa.
"So Lis, thank you for joining us, I really needed that. But Aaron and I really have to go to the theatre. I can't wait to see you after the show! Wait in the theatre okay? We'll get you backstage or something." I said.
"I can't wait either Soph. I can't believe I get to see you're Satine debut tonight. You're going to be incredible! So much luck tonight girlie!" Melissa said.
We hugged each other and then we went our separate ways.

Walking to Aaron's apartment I was a little bit quiet.
"Babe, are you nervous?" Aaron asked with the sweetest voice ever.
I didn't say anything.
"Babe, are you okay?" Aaron said while stopping me and he looked straight into my eyes.
"Sorry, I.. I'm just.." I didn't know what to say, that's how nervous I was.
"Honey, listen to me. I know you have to be at the theatre a little earlier than me, Ashley is going to take you with her for the last few things before the show. I already told her that you were gonna be nervous. But don't be, you are amazing! It's going to be allright! I'll be with you the whole time." He said kissing my forehead.
"Thank you babe, I hope I can enjoy tonight!"
"You will, I'm sure! Ashley also has some great rituals she will share with you and ask her about her Satine debut." Aaron said while walking into his apartment.
When we were inside he kissed me and then we hugged for a few minutes.
I already had my bag packed so I said goodbye to Aaron and hopped on the subway to go to the theatre.

When I arrived at the theatre I entered through stagedoor and walked to Ashley's dressingroom. She was already there.
"Soph hi, how are you feeling?" She asked.
I looked at her with a not sure look.
"I know, Aaron already told me that you would be nervous. You hid it quiet well the last few days, but it always comes out just hours before the moment. I had the same thing with my Satine debut."
Now I really looked at Ashley.
"You did?" I asked confused.
"Yes! I tried the whole week to hide my feelings, but then just a few hours before the show it really got to me."
"What did you do? Did you black out on stage?"
"No I didn't. All the cast remembered me to just enjoy the moment. They told me that this moment would just come once in my life and that I had to live every minute of it. So I did. It changed my mindset and the show was amazing!"
"Wow, can you help me with that?" I asked Ashley.
"Ofcourse I can. Come on, let's go to the stage. I will show you what I do every day before the show."
Ashley pointed me the way and I started walking to the stage. I didn't notice but Ashley wasn't coming right after me.
Ashley took out her phone to send a text. Then she walked to the stage.

ASHLEY:
We're heading to the stage right now, I will keep her there for now. Go do your thing Romeo!

AARON:
Thanks Ash! I owe you!