Chapter 27: Baby you're a firework

It was still early when the alarm went off. We had to be in the theatre around noon, but we wanted to have time to eat breakfast and get coffee.
"Goodmorning beautiful." Aaron said kissing me.
"Goodmorning handsome." I responded.
"How are you feeling this morning? Did you sleep well?"
"I slept amazing, thank you babe. I'm so much more relaxed. But still a little nervous." I told him.
"Good to hear, it's okay to be nervous. But remember you're going to do amazing."
I smiled at him and he smiled back.
We got out of bed to take a shower and get ready to have breakfast and go out the door.
For breakfast I made fruitbowls and some pancakes.
We ate our breakfast at my kitchenbar. I also made coffee. You could never have to much coffee in your life. When we were done eating breakfast we brushed our teeth, packed our stuff and got out the door.
We decided to walk to the theatre again so that we could get coffee on the way.
We took a detour through the city because we still had some time left.
We went to Starbucks to get our iced venti coffees and then we headed to the theatre.

We were the only ones there today. Except for Alex ofcourse who would lead our rehearsal.
Later on in the day the rest of the cast and creatives would come in.
I also had my outfit fittings for Satine today. I was very excited about that.
Aaron and I sat down on the couch in his dressingroom, waiting for Alex to come in.
He gave me a quick kiss now that Alex wasn't there yet.
"That's for good luck." He said.
"Thanks babe!" I answered.
He gave me a strong hug.
A few minutes later Alex walked into the theatre.
"Hi guys! Are you ready for today?"
"Yes we are Alex!" Aaron said.

AARON POV:
We arrived at the theatre and were the first ones to arrive. Alex wasn't there yet.
Today we had our first rehearsal together and it was just us.
I asked Alex specifically to do that, because of the nerves Sophie would have. We didn't know each other that long, but this was her first big role let alone on Broadway. So I decided we could use some alone time during rehearsal.
Yesterday Sophie was very nervous, but today she was a little more relaxed. I hope it had everything to do with what I did for her yesterday.
God I loved Sophie so much! She was talented and humble. This rehearsal process is gonna show how talented she is. And I think she is going to be amazed of herself.
I kissed Sophie goodluck just before Alex arrived.
And soon after we got started with rehearsal.

SOPHIE POV:
"Yes I am too Alex! Nervous but ready." I said.
The three of us walked to the stage.
"Where do you want me to start Alex?" I asked.
Well you have seen the show, but let's start with reading through your scenes and the scenes of you together. Just to get you in the feeling of it." Alex suggested.
I walked to my bag and took my script out.
We sat down on the stage and started reading.
It felt really weird to be doing this with Aaron. I saw him do this on stage and now I was here with him doing this.
After reading through some scenes Alex gave me homework to repeat this reading with Aaron in our free time.
"Just text each other when your free and then come together to read lines." He said.
Little did he know, it would be much easier for us.

We took a short break to drink some water and warm up our voices. Alex wanted us to sing through some songs next.
Because I was a little nervous for the singing part we started with a song together. Alex decided on 'Your song' so that I would have to sing but not that much.
Aaron started singing to me. I blushed a little bit, because I wasn't really used to him singing to me. I loved it, but it was not something we did every day.
I could feel that he really meant what he was singing to me and I was in awe.
We didn't do the whole choreo, that was way to early. But he definitely acted through the song.
"I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words. How wonderful life is while you're in the world." Aaron sang to me.
"How wonderful life is, while you're in the world." I sang back to him.
He took my hands and got on with the song.
"Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen." He touched my cheeck with the back of his hand stroked it. Then we sang together, taking each others hands again.
"How wonderful life is while you're in the world."
This was the last sentence and after that we kissed. I knew it was a real kiss, but hopefully Alex didn't notice.
We let go of each other and heard Alex clapping.
"That was amazing guys! Sophie your voice is amazing and your chemistry together.. Just wow!" Alex exclaimed.
I blushed while Aaron said "Thank you Alex."

"Sophie, do you think you are ready to sing 'Firework' for us?" Alex asked.
This question made me really nervous. I never sang alone in front of Aaron or anyone else with a big name on Broadway like Alex.
"Uhh I.. I think so?" I said nervous.
"You don't have to if you don't want." Aaron said reassuring.
"I know, but I have to do it anyway.. so I think I'm just gonna do it. Take the band aid off." I said.
Aaron put his hand on my arm stroked it.
"You are amazing, you can do this." He said.
Aaron and Alex sat down in a chair in the front of the theatre.
I was left alone on stage.
I heard the opening note of the song playing.
"Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin. Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in. Do you ever feel already buried deep? Six feet under screams, but no one seems to hear a thing. Do you know that there's still a chance for you? 'Cause there's a spark in you." I started singing.
I saw Aaron and Alex looking at me, both with big eyes.
I tried not to pay to many attention to them, but to the song and my emotion. I wanted to put everything in it.
So the next lines I sang with a little bit more power.
"You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow
Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know"

I knew that I really needed to give my all now and I felt more confident than ever.

"'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky
Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe"

I toned down and sang the last few lines of the song. At this point I had real tears in my eyes. All my emotions went everywhere. I felt amazing and in awe of myself.