Chapter 10: Come what may

He looked absolutely stunning. Light denim jeans, white sweater and white Converse. In both his hands he was holding coffee cups.
He walked towards me and handed me one of the coffee cups. "I got the one you had when we walked through the city." he said. "Thought you might like it."
"Thank you so much Aaron!" I responded.
I liked that he was so thoughtful.
"Shall we go inside?" He asked.
"You mean through stagedoor? Am I even allowed?"
"You're with me silly and it's not like you've never been backstage here."
"No, I know. But that was practically only your dressingroom."
"Yes, and now you get to go through stagedoor with me, come on." He said and took my hand.

He pulled me inside stagedoor.
He walked directly onto the stage and I followed him.
"Wow! This is amazing!" I said in awe of what I saw. There was no special decor on yet, but it still was amazing.
"Yeah it's great right?" He said.
"Aaron, this is crazy. This is what you guys see every night? I didn't realise it was so big!"
"I know, sometimes I still have the same feeling as you do."
He took my hand again "Let me show you the rest of the backstage." He said.
He showed me around all behind the stage, every dressingroom and every hallway. I got to see Ashley's dressingroom. She wasn't there yet, but it was beautiful. I was hoping I would meet her sometime. I got to see all the costumes from the cast, the wigs everything. When we were done, we went back to Aaron's dressingroom.
"Why don't you make yourself at home. I'll have to take care of something real quick and then I'm back." Aaron said.
He walked out of the room and I walked around in his dressingroom. Taking everything in. I looked at all the fanart he had on his mirror, he even had his costumes hanging in his dressingroom. I felt at home in this room. It was cosy. I sat down on the couch that was in his dressingroom.
I took my phone out and took a selfie. I decided to send it to Melissa to see if she knew where I was.

A few minutes later Aaron came back and laughed at how I was laying down comfortably at his couch.
"You ok there Wilson?" He asked mocking.
"I'm perfectly allright Tveit, thank you for asking." I said teasing.
"I can see you're feeling at home on my couch, but I need you to get up and follow me." He said.
"Oh do I need to get out already?" I asked.
"No I'm gonna take you somewhere and I think you are going to like it." He said.
Aaron walked out of his room again and I followed him. We walked onto the stage again, but this time there was the decor of the 'Come what may' scene.
I was in awe again and Aaron could see that.
"Do you like it?" He asked.
"Like it? Aaron I freaking love it! I'm standing on stage in a decor."
Aaron walked into the wings and got two mics. He put one of the mics on me.
"W... w.. what are you doing?" I asked confused.
"I'm giving you a mic so you can sing." He said calmly.
"But I have never sung on a stage before.. only in the shower. Let alone for a Broadway actoren." I said anxious.
"No buts, you know the song 'Come what may' right?"
"Y.. yes I do."
"Perfect!" He said.
He put the other mic on himself and gave a sign to a man in the back of the house that he could start the music.
Aaron started singing and the only thing I could do was look at him. Here he was, standing right in front of me. Singing one of my favorite songs from the musical. And he expected me to sing the lines that Satine had to sing in this song.
I was in trance until I heard him sing the following lines.

Seasons may change winter to spring. But I love you until the end of time.
Come what may.. come what may. I will love you, until my dying day.

Omg I freaked out, it was my time to sing. I looked into Aaron's eyes and he looked back and smiled. It was calming me down and I went for it.

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place. Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.

Aaron took my hands, looked me in the eyes and started singing again.

Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste

It all revolves around you.

We started singing together what I thought was in perfect harmony. When singing Aaron kept looking at me with a twinkle in his eyes still holding my hands and I was the happiest I had ever been.
When we got to come what may again. He turned me around with my back against him and he held me tight.
Then he let go of me again so that we were facing each other. He brought me to the sofa that was behind me and I sat down on it with my knees. He did the same.
We kept singing while looking deep into each others eyes. Like nothing was around us and like we were the only people there. There was a tension, a good tension, a hot tension.
We sang the last come what may and then it happened. He cupped my face in both of his hands, and after we sang the last words to the song, he kissed me!