Chapter 33: The last rehearsal

AARON POV:
We started the last rehearsal for Sophie as Satine and I was nervous. I was nervous for her, because I know she felt nervous. And we were at a place in our relationship that I felt it when she felt it. And I was also nervous for seeing her in the costumes the first time. Nobody knew about us, about what we had together and I was nervous about the fact that I revealed too much of our secret when she would come down on that swing.
Ricky noticed I was acting different.
"What's wrong mate? You don't seem yourself?" He asked.
"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine, there is nothing wrong. I'm just myself." I reacted quickly and fake smiling.
Ricky looked at me with a certain look on his face.
From this look he gave me, I knew he was on to something. Deep inside I knew that he knew how I felt about Sophie.
"Well tell that to someone else. You're nervous about Sophie. I see the way you look at her." Ricky said.
"Wh.. what are you talking about? I don't look a certain way when I look at Sophie."
"Yes you do man.. I see it everytime when we are on stage and backstage."
"You do?" I asked nervous.
"Mate, if you like her.. just tell her man!"
Oh if Ricky only knew what was going on between Sophie and me.
But the show didn't give me enough time to think about it, because before I could, the swing with Sophie on it in her Satine costume came down.
She looked amazing! I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Luckily in this scene I had to look at her like that, but with Sophie it wasn't acting.
She looked stunning. Her voice, her dancing.. eveything was on point. She blew me away! That was the moment I really, really fell in love with her!

SOPHIE POV:
I started singing my song and had to look at the guys in their booth. I saw Aaron and the look on his face was to die for. He looked so proud and he had tears in his eyes.
I quickly got on with the song and looked the other way at the duke. Then looked straight again. Before I even knew I got of the swing and had to dance. It felt amazing!
Everyone around me really carried me through act 1. I still felt nervous, but it was amazing.
'Shut up and raise your glass' was my first song I had to do with Aaron. We had so much fun doing it. He was such a goofball during the song. Smiling at me everytime I looked at him. God how I loved the guy!
Then the next song was 'Firework'. I tried to put all my feelings into the song.
I heard a few gasps from the wings and from some crew members in the audience.
It made feel even better than I already did.
'Your song' and 'Elephant love medley' were so amazing to do with Aaron. Finally I didn't have to hide my feelings for him. But still nobody knew about us.
The rehearsal for act 1 went very quick.
After act 1 we had a break for 30 minutes, so everybody could relax.

All my cast mates were so proud of me already.
"Omg girl, you are doing amazing!" Robyn said.
"You are born to play the role of Satine!" Jeigh said.
"Thanks guys, that means a lot to me! I feel pretty good about act 1!" I said.
I kept talking to some of the cast and saw Aaron watching me in the corner of my eye. When I was done talking with the others I walked towards Aaron. He was sitting on the stage and I joined him.
"Well Mr. Tveit, what did you think about act 1?" I asked him.
"Do I have to be honest?" He asked teasing.
"No teasing Tveit!"
"Sorry!" He said laughing.
I laughed with him.
"I think you did incredible in act 1! You are born to play this role! And the outfits..." He smirked.
"What about the outfits?"
"Uhmm well.. I like you in them.. and uhmm.. the rest is inappropriate to tell you here." He said.
I blushed about what he said.
"I get the idea, tell me the rest later." I said.
Aaron smirked again.

Not many minutes later we were called to start act 2. All my nerves calmed down in act 1 , so I could enjoy act 2 a little more.
I really loved 'Bad Romance' it was such a good start for the second act.
I thought act 2 was a little more difficult with all the extra darker feelings that came with it.
'Come what may' was one of my favorite songs with Aaron. This time it was even more romantic to sing with him.
The song I really loved to do was 'Roxanne'. It was amazing to see Aaron like that.
I was in awe of him everytime.
Before I even knew we did the 'Come what may finale'.
This was the part where I had to die.
I fell down in Aaron's arms, we did our scene. We both had real tears in our eyes during the scene. When I died one of Aaron's tears fell onto my face.
This was the first time he really cried during this scene in rehearsal.
We did the encore song and then the bows.
After the bows everyone applauded and cheered loudly for me.
Alex did a little speech. He told everyone how proud he was of me and that he had the trust in me for my debut tomorrow.
We all went back to our dressingrooms.

Since it was a monday everyone was free after the rehearsal. One after another left the theatre to enjoy a free late afternoon and evening. Most of them just relaxed at home before the 8 show week started again.
Aaron and I walked out of the theatre together. We walked back to my place.
We both were quiet during the walk, we just enjoyed walking together.
When we arrived at my apartment and I closed the door Aaron kissed me.
"This is what I wanted to do all day now." He said.
"But babe, we kissed in the show!" I told him.
"I know babe, but this feels different, here I can kiss you without anyone else present." He said.
I smiled and kissed him again.
"Soph?" He asked.
"Yes Aaron?"
"You were amazing today! And I'm sure you're gonna kill it tomorrow!"
"Thanks babe, that means a lot."
"But that's not all I wanted to tell you." Aaron said a little nervous.
I looked at him confused.
He took my hand and he walked me to my couch. Then we both sat down on it.

"Sophie these last months with you were amazing! We did lots of great stuff, we really got to know each other. And I admired you more every day. I'm really in awe of you Sophie. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You're sweet, talented and you take such good care of me. I think I've known it for a long time now, but I didn't know how to say it. And I really wanted to wait until tomorrow to say it but... today was amazing, you were incredible and I realized it again." Aaron rambled.
I looked at him, I really looked him in the eyes. He had tears in his eyes, but he looked very happy and sincere.
"What are you trying to say Aaron?"
"I'm trying to say that.. I.. uhhh.."
I took his hands in mine and I kept looking in those beautiful blue eyes of his.
"I love you Sophie. I really, truly, deeply love you!"