Chapter 4: Backstage

"Yes, yes I am Sophie." I said not sure of myself.
"Come with me, Aaron asked for you backstage." The usher said to me.
From that moment on I was thinking in my head. Why did Aaron ask for me? We just met eachother this morning in the park. We didn't talk that much.. and when we got coffee it was just a small conversation. I don't know anything about the guy.
"Uhhm Soph, is this man taking us where I think he is taking us?" Melissa asked confused.
I looked at her with an also confused look at my face. "I think he does Lis."
I heard Melissa cheering quietly behind me.
I laughed a little because of how happy she was with the fact the usher was taking us backstage.
I never went backstage at a musical and neither did Melissa. We always dreamed about it though. We used to joke around at how funny it would be if something like that would happen to us, but we also realised it was the most unrealistic thinking we ever did.
Well, at least we thought it was. Right now it was all coming true.

We followed the usher and he opened a door to backstage. Melissa and I did a little happy dance, but the usher didn't notice.
The usher knocked on one of the dressingroom doors. It took a minute, but then the door opened.
"Thanks Hank!" Aaron said to the usher.
"No problem Aaron, have a great night." The usher said and he walked away.
Aarons look turned to me, he smiled with a twinkle in those beautiful blue eyes of his.
"Hi Sophie." He said softly.
"Hi Aaron." I said a little awkward, still not knowing why he wanted me back here.
"I brought my best friend Melissa with me, I hope you don't mind?"
"That's okay, best friends are important and you were together at the show." He said and looked at Melissa. Then he held out his hand to Melissa.
"Hi, I'm Aaron Tveit." He said.
"H.. h..hii I'm Melissa." She said while shaking Aarons hand.
"You were pretty awesome tonight."
"Thank you Melissa, that is very kind of you to say." Aaron responded. While she was talking to Aaron, Melissa had to blush a little. She didn't know how Sophie was so calm at that point.
"So Sophie, thank you for comming backstage, I saw you enjoyed the show?"
Now it was my time to blush, because I knew I looked like an idiot for the whole show.
"It was just mindblowing." Was the only thing I could say.
"I could see that on your face." He said laughing slightly.
"So uhm come inside the dressingroom." He said.
Melissa and I walked inside. The dressingroom was not very big but also not too small. In the corner there was a couch, he had a big mirror and some chairs. It was a cosy dressingroom. I walked to the couch and sat on it, not really knowing what to say or do. Melissa followed me to the couch clearly lost as well.
It took me all my courage but I asked Aaron the question. "Aaron why did you invite me backstage?"
"Uhh well uhh." He also didn't really know what to say. "Look Sophie I just met you today but I think you are a great and lovely girl. And I saw you and Melissa enjoying the show so much that I wanted to give you guys something to remember."
I looked and Aaron and I smiled. He smiled back at me. For a moment there was complete silence in the room.
"Aaron I.. I uhh..." I tried to say something but then somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Aaron said.
The door opened and there was Ricky. He looked into the room and saw Melissa and me.
"Oh I'm sorry." Ricky said. "I didn't know you had company man."
"Don't worry about it." Aaron said lightly.
"Ricky I want to introduce you to Sophie and her best friend Melissa."
Ricky shook are hands and kept looking at me.
"Isn't Sophie the girl you..." Ricky tried to finish his sentence, but Aaron didn't let him.
"They saw the show tonight." He said quickly. "They were in can can and were blown away by the show."
"Oh yeah I saw that dude." Ricky said.
"Well it was nice to meet you and Aaron I will text you later." Ricky waved us goodbye, walked out of the room and closed the door.

"I'm sorry about that." Aaron said. "I didn't tell him that I was having you guys over."
I looked at Melissa and we both thought the same thing. This was the dream. Being backstage with Aaron and meeting Ricky.
"Would you girls like to take a picture?" Aaron asked.
Melissa and I both nodded yes.
So we took turns on taking a selfie with Aaron and then made a picture of eachother with Aaron. The pictures were taken on the couch in his dressingroom. And when he sat down next to me he immediately put a hand on the small of my back. I blushed again and didn't know what to do but just smiled.
After taking pictures with Aaron we decided that it was time to go home. I asked him if I could post the picture on my instagram and he said yes.
We hugged eachother goodbye and Aaron let us out of the theatre.
When walking home I talked to Melissa about our evening and how amazing it was.
We got to my appartment and Melissa and I hugged eachother goodbye. I walked inside my building and Melissa walked a few blocks to her appartment.
When I got into my appartment and sat down on the couch. I opened Instagram and posted my picture on my feed. Caption: A night to remember. I tagged Aaron into the picture and put away my phone. I got into the bathroom and got myself ready for bed. When in bed I checked my phone for the last time and saw it. It was real!! I blushed.