Chapter 31: Best friend seeing the show

I went back to the girls dressingroom and started my routine to get ready.
When I was done doing my make up and getting in my costume I had time left.
I decided to scroll through my Instagram.
I saw that I gained a lot of followers since the Ricky live. It meant a lot to me, they liked me.
Then I saw a text coming in on my phone:

Melissa:
Girl, I booked a last minute ticket for tonight. I'm sitting in the theatre right now. I'm going to see you shine!

Sophie:
Omg how did you do that? That's amazing!
Let me know what you think.

Melissa:
So excited to see my best friend in a Broadway musical. Drinks after?

Sophie:
Sounds like a plan! I'll text you after the show. Just wait for me okay.

The texts that Melissa send only widened the smile I already had on my face. I had a great day of rehearsals, I sang in Ricky's live and now my best friend was going to see the show tonight.

I left my phone behind in the dressingroom and before I got to the stage to get ready for pre show I walked passed Aaron's dressingroom to see if he was there.
His door was open and I saw that he was just doing last adjusments to his costume.
I stood in his doorway just looking at him.
Then he saw me.
"Hey Soph, you ready for tonight?"
I walked inside his dressingroom.
"Yes more than ready, Melissa is seeing the show tonight. She just texted me she is in the theatre already."
"That's so sweet of her!"
"I know, I have an amazing best friend. She booked last minute, really sweet!"
"Are you meeting her after the show?" Aaron asked.
"We're doing drinks after the show.." while I said it I thought about that it would mean that Aaron and I were not able to go home together.
"So, this is the first night we're not sleeping together?" Aaron asked.
I walked to the door and closed it, not everyone needed to hear this conversation.
"I don't know babe, I'm not sure if I can sleep without you to be honest."
"You can always come to my apartment after drinks?" Aaron suggested.
"Yeah, I suppose so.. or.. you can join Melissa and me for drinks?"
"You sure about that? She doesn't know that we are together right?"
"She doesn't, but she is smart enough to connect the dots anyway.. so I don't mind her knowing." I said.
"Well, looks like we are going for drinks after then." Aaron said laughing.
We kissed each other goodluck for the show and then I walked towards the stage.

The first castmembers already started the pre show and now it was my turn to join them.
I walked sexy and flirty onto the stage and I heard someone cheer. That needed to be Melissa.
God how I loved her for doing that!
I got on with the pre show and before I even knew the show had really started.
It was my second time on stage, but it went already better then the first time.
The first act went by very quickly.
I walked back to my dressingroom and saw that Melissa texted me again.

Melissa:
Go girl go! Omg you belong on that stage! Truly amazing!

Melissa:
The little interactions you have with Aaron on stage. Damn girl. And you didn't hear this from me but sometimes he looks your way on stage.

I had to laugh about Melissa her texts. Oh if she only knew about the Aaron part. She probably found out tonight that I'm dating him, but she had to connect the dots herself tonight.
I decided to text Melissa back.

Sophie:
Thanks Lis! I heard you cheering by the way in pre show.. thank you for that too.
And about Aaron: does he now huh?

Melissa:
Yes it's obvious he looks at you every now and then. He looks proud Soph!

I decided to also text Aaron with Melissa her findings on his behaviour. Just to humor myself.

Sophie:
Babe, according to Melissa you look my way in the show every now and then. You seem proud she says.