Chapter 15: A good boy

He had send me a picture of him and Miles together with the text: Miles misses you'.
I decided to text something back.

Sophie:
I miss Miles too, tell him he's a good boy.

Aaron:
He wants you to walk him someday.

Sophie:
That can be arranged! I would love to walk him.

Aaron:
Am I allowed on that walk too? Or are you and Miles want to have some alone time?

I laughed at the text that Aaron had send.

Sophie:
If you are a good boy, you can come too.

Aaron:
I'll promise to be a good boy then.

I love how he teased me and how I could tease him back. He was funny.
The rest of the day was just a chill day. I didn't do much. Except for taking a shower. I went to Central Park for a bit to read my book on my bench. The weather was beautiful and I felt the need to be outside. I enjoyed all the people walking by, it was clearing my head a little.
Later I met Melissa for a cup of coffee. Although we had talked a lot on the phone, we really wanted to get together since neither of us had something better to do.
After coffee we walked around the streets a little. We went to Rockefeller Center and walked to Times Square. Melissa and I always enjoyed the crowds there. We looked at all the people from locals to tourists.
We sat down the red stairs so we had a good view of Times Square.

Melissa looked at the billboard from Moulin Rouge with Aaron and Ashley on it.
"Did you speak to him today after he left?" She asked.
I looked at her and looked away blushing.
"So that's a yes! What did he have to say?"
"He sended me a picture of his dog Miles. Saying Miles missed me." I said.
"Does Miles miss you or is this just a lame excuse and does he miss you?"
"I think, no, I hope the last thing you said."
"Do you miss him?" Melissa asked.
"Yes I miss him. But it's stupid. It's not even been a week since we've met. How can I have this feeling already?"
"You like him Soph, there is nothing wrong with that!"
"I know, but isn't it too early?" I asked anxious.
"That's for you guys to decide. I don't know how he feels about it, neither do you. You guys really need to talk about this."
"I want to, but I'm afraid Lis!"
"I know girl, but you need to get it out. It's not healthy this way."
I knew Melissa was right ofcourse. And deep inside I knew Aaron had the same feelings. But maybe I wasn't ready to commit yet?
My last relationship turned out to be a lie. I couldn't do that another time. What if Aaron and I were together and the same thing would happen? I don't know if I can handle that. I really really like Aaron.

Melissa and I decided to call it a night and we walked to my apartment. Melissa had the idea that we could walk past the Moulin Rouge theatre on the way to my place.
So we did.. when we walked past I could here the show from a little distance. They were just singing 'Come what may'.
"Omg that's the song you sang with Aaron!" Melissa said out loud.
"Shhh I know, I know.. feels weird to hear the song anytime it's on."
We stayed and listened till the song ended. Then we made our way to my apartment again. Melissa and I were both quiet on the way back. I was in my thoughts again. Because of the song, I was there again, in the moment with Aaron, our kiss.
When we arrived at my apartment Melissa and I said our goodbyes and she left to go to her own apartment.

I walked to my kitchen and poured myself a glass of Chardonnay. Then I walked to my couch and put on the tv. I was in the mood to watch something I had watched already, just for sound in the background. I decided to put on the Les Mis film. That way I could relax and watch Aaron. He was in my mind anyway, so why not watch him.
I scrolled through Instagram and watched some Insta stories. I saw Aaron had posted one. It was him in his Christian costume with the caption he was ready for the show. I smiled when I saw the picture in his story and before I even thought about it, I pressed like on the story.

I put away my phone and got back to watching Les Mis. A few minutes later I fell asleep on my couch. My phone went of a couple of times with texts, but I was to fast asleep to notice.
Until I heard someone knocking on my door.
I woke up shocked. It was late at night and someone was knocking at my door.
I didn't really know what to do, who would knock on my door so late?
I walked over to the door and looked through the little hole in it.
At the other side of the door stood Aaron. I opened the door.
"Omg Aaron what are you doin...."
I couldn't finish my sentence, because he kissed me. Right on the mouth!