Prodigal Son

Kai sighed softly listening to his teacher go on and on about the lessons he already knows. He only attends the Academy because of Lord Third. Kai knew how strong he was already and he wanted to apply himself. Kai looked at his uncle and snickered still finding how he is as old as his uncle funny. He knew the reason Hiruzen told him but still it amused him. Kai's thoughts drifted to his dad and he got depressed. "Kai are you ok?" Kai looked at Naruto seeing his best friend looking at him worried. "Yea just thinking of how bored I am!" Kai looked at his teacher, Iruka, who had a tick mark and he feigned innocence. "If your so bored then why don't you bring your butt over here and show us the clone justu." Iruka knew this is what Kai wanted as the young boy was clearly above the academy. So while Kai walked down to Iruka everyone started chuckling. Sasuke just rolled his eyes but he had a tiny smirk. "So if I do this justu perfectly I want you to hang out with me Iruka Sensei!" Iruka couldn't help but roll his eyes as he knew Kai by this point. He viewed Kai like he does Naruto both of them were like family to him. "Alright I got this." Kai did a certain set of handsigns before smirking. "Exploding Clone Justu!" Just like he saw Itachi do Kai made a clone of himself walk to Iruka slowly. Iruka didn't like that but he saw no ill will in Kai's eyes so he just watched it come closer. The clone got to him and broke out in a dopey smirk before it popped like a balloon. "I would never use my exploding clone on you Sensei." Iruka looked at Kai who was looking quite pleased. "I know Kai now park your butt and pay attention." Kai saluted Iruka then walked back to his spot. Kai looked at Sasuke who rolled his eyes. "Your an idiot." Kai pouted making his uncle sweat. "Don't be a bully." Sasuke sighed and punched Kai's arm making him laugh. He was the only one Sasuke showed any emotion to and it amazed the other students. When the day was over Kai was getting ready to leave when Iruka showed up. "Hey you still want to hangout?" Kai looked at his sensei and nods excitedly. "Of course I do!" Iruka smiled and he took Kai to get ramen. But along the way they picked up Naruto who started talking to Kai. Iruka smiled thinking how alike the two were. So the three hung out and got food. The next day Iruka dragged Naruto into class and told everyone thanks to him they all had to do the clone justu. When it got to Kai he walked down then he did handsigns with one hand without even thinking about it and he felt his clone climb out of his shadow. "Demon Clone Justu successful." Iruka was impressed and smiled at Kai who returned it. Sasuke grinned at his nephew who walked back to him. "What's the Demon Clone?" Kai looked at Sasuke. "I create a clone that is like the Shadow Clone justu except it doesn't use chakra. I don't know why but I figured it out by accident when I tried to make a clone during training one day." Sasuke was impressed and they all watched Naruto be his usual dorky self. After class Kai walked off to the Forest of Death and when he knew no one was following him Kai dropped his bag. It was like a different person took over and Kai didn't seem like the happy go lucky person he was. "Seems your training is paying off. You've been learning more and more of your previous power." Kai looked to see the familiar fox and wolves. "Well it was bound to happen with you guys teaching me. Why can't I tell Sasuke?" The fox shook his head. "Nobody should know your past life. It'll only complicate things." Kai sighed softly. According to the fox he was a powerful man who faked his death and sent himself ahead in time as a newborn infant. Kai yawned then stretched before looking at the wolves. When they noticed him staring they bared their teeth. Kai suddenly looked like he was on the verge of a murder spree. His irises became tiny dots and they spoke of evil things. Seeing that made the wolves freeze and the fox snorted. "You guys really need to stop antagonizing him. Our master told us it'd be awhile before he remembered." The wolves submitted making Kai relax and he waved bye before returning to his bag then went home. Kai yawned then looked in his bag and pulled out a scroll. The fox gave it to him a few months ago but never said what it was. "Hey where'd you go?" Kai looked in the door to see Sasuke waiting for him. "I heard a noise and went to take care of it. It's nothing come on let's go train." Sasuke followed Kai to their normal spot and Kai tossed his bag aside before drawing a kunai then looking at Sasuke. Sasuke drew his own Kunai before the two ran at each other. They took a break when the sun set and Kai looked at Sasuke. "You should head back home. You need to get up tomorrow is important." Sasuke looked at his nephew and nods. "I'll see ya then." After his uncle left Kai looked up at the moon feeling drawn to it like he always has. To think he was just a baby when Itachi brought him in and now he is about to be a Genin alongside Sasuke. Kai smiled thinking of Sasuke. To him Sasuke was a brother the two were practically raised as such. Thinking of Sasuke then compared to now made Kai's mood dampen but he shook himself and got up. He will help Sasuke its what Itachi would want.