The end of the war

When Kai woke up he was on top of Lobo and they were moving. "So I guess Naruto won huh?" Lobo grunted and Kai sighed before sitting up. He immediately noticed Ignis and the others were behind the two. "Master we go where you go." Kai sighed softly and smiled before laying back down on Lobo. "Kai!" Kai heard Naruto but Lobo kept walking. "Kai wait!" Kai looked at Lobo. "Did you even wait for them to free everyone?" Lobo shook his head. "Oh I wish I could've said goodbye to Gaara and the others at least." Kai sighed thinking of the life of solitude he's about to live. The islanders will welcome him well enough but his home is the Leaf. "Master why don't you wait for Naruto to see what he wants? You could at least do that much for your friend." Kai heard Ignis and sat up. He saw Team Seven with Captain Ishimura and his squad running to him. "Lobo wait." The wolf stopped and when the others caught up Kai hopped off him. "What do you want?" Before anyone could speak Ishimura pulled Kai into a hug. "Damn brat didn't even let me say goodbye." Kai chuckled and hugged him. The others all hugged him as well and Kai looked at Team Seven. "You really can't stay?" Kai smiled at his friend. "Naruto I caused so much pain for everyone just to satisfy my desire for revenge. Not even you and the Tailed Beasts can get them to forgive me." Kakashi coughed a few times dramatically. "Uh but I might be able. Tsunade and the other Kage talked about it. I'm going to be the next Hokage." Kai looked at his big bro and but then he looked at Sasuke. That's when he realized both Naruto and Sasuke were missing their dominant arms. "Come here and let me heal those." Kai walked up to his uncle who shook his head. "It's part of my atonement. You should go home." Kai looked at Sasuke. "What about you?" Sasuke just chuckled. "I'm going to atone." Kai looked at Kakashi. "Yes you can go with him if you want. But only if you come home." Kai sighed before smiling like a dork. "Well looks like I don't have much of a choice." Kai saw his team get really happy before he walked up to Naruto and placed his hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Keep him safe for me ya? I decided in the end to trust you with him." Naruto nodded so Kai sighed again before looking at his animal companions. All of them had cheeky smirks. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you guys planned this. You told them where we'd be didn't you?" Ignis smirked. "I don't know what you mean master." Kai nodded. "Uh huh sure." Kai walked up to Sasuke who smirked at him. "Kai." Kai didn't give his uncle a chance instead he hugged him. "No matter what happens from here on out. I will live for myself, you, and Itachi. No more revenge." Sasuke smiled and hugged Kai back. "Why does he get a hug? I brought you back." Kai snorts hearing Naruto. "That's because I'm his nephew Naruto." With that the Fourth Great Ninja War ended and Team Seven walked home. After they arrived Kai was given a hero's welcome after Team Seven told his story. How he saved everyone by fighting Kaguya and saved the Alliance multiple times during the War. Yes there was some who didn't like that he was back but they couldn't argue with the heroes of the war. "You ready Sasuke?" Kai was at the gate with his uncle. Both were prepared to go forth on their journey to atone. Kai also informed his squad that there were ruins that might help them learn more of the Otsutsuki. Kai had the general location for them as well. So the Uchiha and his Otsutsuki nephew were also going to find these ruins.