Chunin Exams

"Not yet we need to escort the kid's corpse back to the Feudal Lord disguised as his guards." Kai walked to the guards and he surprised the Captain by jamming his hand into their torsos. "Captain shouldn't we stop him?" Kai moved his hands out of the bodies and they stood up. "My corpse justu is a lesser reanimation justu. We don't need to do anything." Kai ignored the others while bringing the kid back. He hands the kid his crushed heart. "Head back to your father and tell him if he continues supporting the Cloud the Kitsune Shinobi will be seeing him personally." The three bow before heading back. "There now what's next I'm bored." Ishimori didn't like this side of Kai. "Our last part is another assassination we have a target in mind that you'll need help with. Baku will lead." The man who had an ape mask stepped up. "Come on kid the target isn't going to stay for long." Kai snorted before his eyes changed to his normal ones. Baku and Kai found the target asleep. Kai stopped Baku who looked at the kid. "Somethings wrong." Baku was then shoved as the world lit up. Baku felt an intense heat before nothing. He looked to see Kai standing over him bleeding from the head. "I didn't catch the trap in time. It was an explosive clone. Go report in to Ishimori I'm going to stay here." Baku saw Kai was barely conscious and so he picked the kid up. "Nah kid nobody is left behind." Kai nods then passes out. Baku looked at the burning remains before returning to the others. Ishimori was informed before they returned to the Leaf. Kai was taken to the hospital even though he swore he was fine. Kai was discharged a few days later and brought to Hiruzen. There everyone could tell how excited Kai was. He was tapping his foot against the floor in anticipation. "Well according to Ishimori and the others you completed your tasks given to you with out any hesitation or mistakes. You even protected Baku." Kai suddenly got mad. "I did make a mistake though I didn't see the trap until it was too late. If Baku hadn't stopped when I said something he would've died. I'm not a normal kid you don't need to mince your words or treat me like one. I messed up and it almost cost Baku." Baku blinked a few times behind his mask and like the other adults was surprised Kai was taking that so hard. "Kai you protected me in the end nobody could've predicted everything." Kai looked at Baku who saw the gold eye. "I could've if I hadn't been so preoccupied by how happy I was for being on an Anbu Black Ops mission. If my mind was clear I would've noticed the obvious trap." Ishimori walked up to Kai and hugged him snapping the kid out of his dark mood. "Kid listen you didn't do anything a human being wouldn't have. In the end you did what was asked of you and kept Baku safe as well as yourself. Relax you did fine." Kai was frozen in place and Hiruzen smiled. Even for being a cheery kid Kai never really had parental love other then from Itachi. "Indeed Kai you did everything right in our eyes. As far as I'm concerned you've earned your spot on our team. Not many could out race an explosion inches from where they were and keep another from dying." Ikara spoke up and the others nodded. When Ishimori let him go Kai was silent and Hiruzen could see in the boy's eyes he was still struggling to be ok with his mistake. "I'll give you some time to think if you want and I'll be expecting an answer from you after the Chunin Exams." Kai looked up at Hiruzen. "They are starting in a few days. Team 7 is waiting for you." Kai was dismissed and he found his friends waiting for him. Kai sighed before walking to them and he smiled. "Where were you!?" Naruto yelled making Kai shrug. "I fell asleep how was your first time outside the village?" Kai noticed Sasuke was angry. Naruto was talking Kai's ear off. "Why is your head bandaged?" Kakashi asked drawing everyone's attention to it. Sasuke looked ready to explode while Naruto and Sakura looked worried. "I had a very aggressive dream and woke up clawing at my own head?" Everyone looked at Kai dumbly who smiled innocently. "You don't dream though you told me that." Sasuke spoke up making Kai sigh. "Ok fine I slipped and cracked the back of my head. The doctors wouldn't believe me when I told them I heal fast." Kai ripped the bandages off to reveal his head was indeed fine. Kakashi knew of how quickly Kai healed it was like Naruto but Kai didn't have anything like the Nine Tails in him. "So now that Kai is here I can say why I brought you all here. I've recommended you for the Chunin Exams." Kai grinned thinking back to listening to his dad's stories of his Chunin Exams. "Heh is Lord Third sure he wants me in the Exams?" Kai smirked softly looking more like an Uchiha then himself. "Yes he does Kai but he also told me to tell you nothing above C ranked justu." Kai waved Kakashi off. "Obviously Big Bro I don't plan on killing anyone." Kai thought back to that kid and he clenched his jaw. "Have these signed and returned to Lord Third." Kai took his paper and walked to Lord Third. Hiruzen was doing paperwork related to the upcoming Chunin Exams when Kai walked in and handed him the paper. "So care to tell me why I'm still doing the Exams?" Hiruzen looked at Kai who was watching him. "Because I want you to take time to consider your choice. Captain Ishimori told me what happened." Kai tensed up. "Kai why did your eyes change to red like that?" Kai thought about it. "Because I'm not some orphan Itachi found. I was someone who is related to the Tail Beasts." Before Hiruzen could say anything Kitsune showed up and bowed to Kai. "Lord Kai what do you need of me?" Kai looked at the fox and smiled. "I need you to tell Lord Third who I am."