Attack

Kai found out where Naruto went thanks to his ability to sense chakra. He teleported to the place Jiraiya trained in Sage Chakra. "Who are you?" Kai looked to see an old lady toad and he dropped to his knees. "Forgive me Sage I've come to speak to Naruto. I need to talk to him about a lot of things." The female gave Kai a strange look noting the Akatsuki cloak. She left to retrieve Naruto and Kai sighed before freeing the chakra of the Tail Beasts he did capture. They were all with him what was in the statue was his chakra molded to the seven the Akatsuki has caught. "Soon we'll be togther again you guys." He put the chakra back before looking to see Naruto walking to him. "Kai!" Naruto ran up to Kai who stood up and that's when Naruto really saw how tall Kai had gotten. "Naruto we need to talk." Kai explained what has happened since three years ago but he left out the Tail Beasts. "So you say you've been working with them to stop what they plan on doing and save some family of yours?" Kai nods. "You won't understand and I don't have time to help you understand. Pain is attacking the Leaf as we speak and he expects me to have you when I return." Naruto saw Kai shake his head. "Guess its time I betray the Akatsuki huh?" Naruto saw Kai laugh. "No unfortunately its not. I still have two left to get before I can betray them. Naruto don't let Pain win." Kai vanished returning to the Leaf where Pain had Tsunade's aide. "You don't have him?" Pain looked at Kai who shrugged. "Where he was made it hard to track with all that chakra. Besides he'll come with the attack on the Leaf." Kai walked up to Tsunade before drawing a kunai and he chuckled. "Tell me Lady Tsunade if I brought Jiraiya back would you betray the Leaf?" Tsunade's face went ghost white. "I can do that and so much more all you have to do is give up Naruto." Kai saw her gaze grow angry and he smiled internally. "I would never betray my home or its people." Kai shrugged before leaning into her face and he chuckled. "I always did admire a woman with a strong will." Kai sent Tsunade into a genjustu before sighing and looking at her aide. She was having her mind read by one of Pain's Paths. "Hmm you think I could do something like that?" Kai looked at Pain who looked at him. "Oh wait I don't need to heh. I'll be looking for people who might know where Naruto is." Kai brushed passed Pain but stopped when Pain grabbed his arm. "You keep calling him by his name. You also didn't kill that woman when she proved useless." Kai looked at his boss. "You were never one of us were you?" Kai sighed before shaking his head. "You know if Madara finds out I killed you Pain he'll be mad. So promise you won't tell?" Kai suddenly had Pain by the throat and the other bodies were frozen. "I really didn't want to but hey I'm a kitsune at heart and we are known to cause chaos from time to time." Suddenly Pain and his bodies were all with Kai within the crater. Kai let Pain go before jumping away when the other Paths attacked. "Sorry love but I am not the kind you can easily beat." Kai proved why he was a danger to the Akatsuki by easily keeping up with all Six Paths without laying a finger on any of them. "Why do you not fight back?" Kai looked at the Deva Path. "Because I consider you a friend Nagato." The Deva Pain went quiet while the others kept attacking Kai." Mean while on the edge of the crater the surviving Leaf Shinobi noticed the Akatsuki members fighting. "Why are they fighting aren't they comrades?" Hinata wanted to tell them about Kai but she didn't want to make things worse for him. For some strange reason she trusted Kai. Maybe it was because of how badly Naruto wants Kai back or the fact before he faked his death Kai was incredibly friendly to him. After about fifteen minutes there was a poof and Kai saw Naruto had arrived. "You were just buying time for the Jinchuriki to arrive." Kai looked at Deva Pain again. "I don't want to fight someone I cherish Nagato so of course I bought time for my best friend." Kai took his mask off and Nagato through Pain saw how hurt Kai was at the fact they fought. "I'm sorry Nagato I truly wanted to help you and maybe this is my way of doing that but this is where our paths split." Kai dropped his mask before taking his cloak off. Kai then walked up to Naruto who was standing on top of a massive orange toad. "Your the one who came to the house earlier." Kai nods to the lady toad. "Yup I'm Kai. Naruto I leave this to you. Just when you beat him let me say my goodbyes please." Naruto nods so Kai smiled before taking one last look at Pain before vanishing. Kai showed up in the Akatsuki hideout and Madara was there. "So you finally revealed the truth." Kai nods. "I am still with you Madara but I am not an Akatsuki." Madara watched Kai leave and he chuckled. Kai returned to the Leaf to see Naruto fighting the Six Paths of Pain and he narrowed his eyes. Kai turned to see Hinata watching closely. "Don't do it stupid girl." Naruto got taken down and stabbed through the hands by Pain's chakra rods. That's when Hinata ran in and tried to free Naruto but Pain killed her. Seeing Hinata die in front of him after she told him her true feelings Naruto lost control. He was consumed by the Nine Tails chakra and had a skeleton form. Pain went to attack but Naruto just blocked it before charging. Kai watched as more of the Nine Tails' chakra got out and soon Pain had to send Naruto away using Planetary Devastation. Kai showed up at that moment and it was like time slowed. Kai saw the look of surprise on Pain's face before his hand touched Deva's chest. "You lose." Kai watched as his chakra tore a hole through Pain's torso. He caught Deva's body and held it. "I'm sorry Nagato but what you planned as well as the others isn't something I want anymore." Kai laid Deva down before looking up at the meteor to see a naked Kurama staring at him. "Sorry big guy." Kai aimed his hand at the meteor. "Planetary Devastation." Kai's justu caused more of the ground to break off and head for the meteor to block the tail beast who was now at eight tails from escaping.