Feeble Fibres

Denki and Mina dashed from the water, stumbling forward and kicking up the sand behind them. Salty sea drops mixed with their own salty tears. Grinning from ear to ear as they ran to the Dragon and the Barbarian.

"Kirishima!"

They shouted in unison. Tightened vocal cords caused their voices to break as they did. Mina was the first to reach the pair. Her sprints skidding to a stop just a few feet short of them. Katsuki Bakugou, rage incarnate, looked up through his hair at her. Taking in all of her between his pants. Her worry and confusion, her concern and love. His chin lifted as he breathed out a puff of smoke. She imitated blowing out her own breath of relief when a low rumble of a growl echo'd from behind Katsuki.
The smoke had now started dispersing back into the air and out over the waters, being carried away by the remaining wind. Leaving Bakugou standing feet a shoulders width apart, heavily panting with clenched teeth in front of Kirishima's now conscious dragon.

"How.."

Denki who had by now caught up and stood beside Mina questioned. Squeezing drops of water from the locks of blonde draping over his face.

"Those bastards that took him, Mina you said they kept you in sacks right? I don't think they were normal or at least they clearly didnt know how to make them properly otherwise they'd have known to make sure the material wasn't some filthy cheap shit that leaves its fibres to fall out everywhere. Fucking dragon hunters, Tsk."

Katsuki growled in response after releasing his fists, remembering that those in front of him were friends and NOT the enemy who had kidnapped HIS dragon.

"I saw a few fibres stuck between the idiots scales, didn't know how many he had in him so thought this the best way."

The matter-of-fact tone being typical for Bakugou. The casual head roll back until the neck clicked not so much. As if to relieve building tension that his plan might not have been the successful one.

"Woah man! Could have burnt him alive though!"

"Dumbass! He's a fire dragon, it would take more than my heat to overcome him.

As if to confirm this, Kirishima nuzzled his snout from behind into Bakugous open sparking palm – showing no flinching or fear to the ignited flames that remained.

"Fine then, you could have killed US!"

Mina didn't need any more convincing -words could come after. She finally had her friend and fellow dragon back. Emotion overcame her. Forcing Denki out of her way she leapt for Kirishima's neck and sunk herself into the embrace against his smooth scales. His eyes closed as he too leaned into her contact. A low clicking vibrated from the back of the dragons throat reassured Mina that he wanted the hug as much as she did. After all it was their way of imitating a felines pur. And like like an excited puppy, his tail had began to slowly wag when she tightened the hug. Whispering her apologies and gratitude. Kirishima stayed like that for a moment, Mina clinging with her arms wrapped tightly to his long neck, whilst he silently listened.

Bakugou's thumb traced gentle circles on the end of his snout as he finished calming himself down. He was allowed to calm down now, he had his dragon back. Kirishima was alive. HIS dragon was alive. More than just that, his best friend, HIS Kirishima was awake and responsive. He wasn't quite sure why he hadn't transformed back into his human self yet but he could get to that.
Kirishima's snout felt cold to touch, similar to the wet nose of a dog. But that didn't stop the pair from maintaining their little bit of physical touch. A reminder that Kirishima was real that this wasn't some fever dream that Bakugou was having right now.

"Hey so um, is he always like ... well that?"

Denki was right to ask. Because although Kirishima had awoken from his slumber he was still in his dragon form, and what was worse, a lot of his scales had now started to dry up until they were flaky and grey instead of the post box red they typically were. This was very unusual for the young and healthy dragon.

"IF YOU HAD JUST BEEN DRAGGED THROUGH HELL AND BACK DONT YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE LOOKING A BIT WORSE FOR WEARS TOO?"

Mina surprised them all by shouting back. Her emotions had chosen their avenue to show themselves and had chosen anger. Bakugou smirked. He could respect that, and seeing the yappy blonde forced to shut up from Pinky was quite amusing.

"Right... I mean... good to see you ... alive I guess Kirishima."

"The fibres from the sack must have been made by the dragon-nappers off to the far Kingdom we heard about. There's only a restricted amount of material that can be accessed to control a dragons power the way they did. And none of them can be gained without the help of a witch. I cant believe he would have some still stuck in him like that. Im glad you found them Kat. I thought he was a goner. All this time.. Im sorry."

"Yeah well, im not giving up on the lump yet. But im going to track them down, and i'm going to blast each and everyone of them until they're no more than mere fibres."

Bakugou pushed Kirishima's snout away playfully. He had calmed down now and back to his self. All because of one person.
Denki nodded towards the docile dragon awkwardly. As much as he was in awe at seeing this magnificent beast in front of him, he also had been very confused about the whole thing. A few weeks ago he had never even believed in dragons and yet here he was standing in front of one.
Kirishima slow blinked in response.
Denki smiled back.
He took to guessing that Kirishima's dragon form behaved much like the young cat he used to own when he was a boy.
Mina let go of Kiri's neck and now kissed Bakugou's cheek, thanking him for seeing the fibres and removing them again.

*I Saw That*

Bakugou turned his head back to look at Kirishima with his eyebrow raised.

*Excuse me?*

Using their bond he questioned the dragon who watched after Mina with his big beady eyes. Watching her back as she walked past them.

*That Kiss. You Liked That. Didn't You? Mans Going Soft.*

*Go Die.*

The dragon lifted his head up, sitting back on his two hind legs and opened his mouth putting his pearly whites on display. If a dragon could laugh and give a wicked grin this would be it. Sharp canines reflecting the light from the sky, shining bright. Perfectly healthy and looked after canines. He was a good dragon when it came to his body - always giving himself the best care, and during his time unconscious, Bakugou had made an effort to maintain that level of care.
Bakugou's cheeks warmed. The others may not have been able to hear them but that didn't mean he could control what they could see. The problem was, it wasn't that he had been smiling or relaxed at the kiss. That's not who was bringing him happiness right now.

*Tsk, idiot.*

Kiri's movements had made Denki take a step back as he jolted. Unexpecting the dragon to move so suddenly, the jump he made was involuntary.
Bakugou found himself smirking up at his proud dragon until he too couldn't resist the urge to let out a hearty laugh at how silly Kiri looked, at how relieved he had felt after so long, and that Kiri thought a mere girl could make him this happy and relaxed. He laughed over it all as the warmth returned from his hands to his heart.