Chapter Twenty-Five ~ PERCY

• Chapter Twenty-Five • 

• PERCY •

Percy rushed out of his cabin and to the deck. Sitting on a chair was a tall, handsome blonde guy. He wore a ice-blue slim tee, which showed off his muscles, and a beige pair of khakis. On his feet he wore sandals, and a glittering pair of Ray-Bans covered his eyes.

"Dude," he said, glaring at Percy. "You look a mess."

Piper smiled sweetly, but Percy could see her teeth were clenched. "Sir, Percy was in Tartarus for nearly two months."

The guy nodded, still watching Percy. "You haven't recognised me yet, have you?"

"Haven't seen many human beings for a while," Percy admitted. "Takes a while."

"True," the guy said. "Not human, though. After all, I am one of the less most memorable people in your life."

He snapped his fingers and the Ray-Bans disappeared, showing a pair of purplish eyes. "Apollo. God of medicine and music, at your service. My kids also inherit some archery from my twin sister, Artemis."

Percy nodded. "Yeah. Hi. What do you want?"

"Charming," Apollo muttered. He stood up from the chair and walked over to Percy. He examined Percy like he was some machine.

"Your neck," he commented. He stroked it with long, tanned fingers. "That's healed well. Care to explain?"

"Will Solace," Piper said. "We messaged him and he told us how to dress it."

"Good kid," Apollo mumbled to himself. He looked intensely at the wound. "Will tried his best, but I'm guessing you only described it?"

Jason nodded. "Percy needed sleep."

Apollo grimaced. "Will misinterpreted it as something else. The wound's a lot deeper than he must've thought."

He waved his hand, and a tremendous zap of pain shot through Percy's neck.

"Ouch!" Percy cried.

"Sorry," Apollo said, although he looked anything but. "I've fixed it now, but you're gonna be a little stiff for a few days."

"We will watch him." Piper wrapped an arm round Percy's shoulders, then glanced at the others firmly. "Won't we?"

Jason and Leo nodded.

"Where's everyone else?" Percy asked.

"Grover is in the middle of an Iris-message to Juniper," Jason said. "He'll be up soon, he's just filling her in. She says hi, by the way."

"And Coach Hedge has taken Nico to the engine room," Leo explained. "That kid looked like death when he came here. A few weeks later, he's much healthier and working up a slight build."

"And Annabeth?"

Piper squeezed her friend's shoulder. "Just wait."

She looked at Apollo. "You said you'd try." Her tone was hard.

"Resurrection is against rules," Apollo argued calmly. "I agreed to consider it. But death is a natural process. It's not lawful to intervene in a matter belonging to another god. Hades makes the rules of death. They cannot be tampered with, for the sake of peace amongst us all."

"So you won't help?" Leo wondered. "Just to confirm?"

"I wish I could. Annabeth was always polite enough. And Athena has lost her favourite daughter, her only child to succeed on her greatest quest. If I could, I wouldn't hesitate. It would end much suffering."