Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ ANNABETH

• Chapter Twenty-Eight • 

• ANNABETH •

Someone was holding Annabeth's hand, stroking her wrist. It tickled. She flexed her fingers.

"Annabeth?"

Who was that? Oh gods. Was it Percy?

"What is it, what happened?" somebody asked. Leo?

"Her fingers! They - they moved!" The first voice. Percy!

"Are you sure it wasn't a trick of the light?"

"Positive!"

Percy placed two fingers on Annabeth's wrist. They felt warm against her cold skin.

"Oh my gods. It's her pulse!"

All hell broke loose. A muscular hand pressed hard on Annabeth's forehead.

"She's definitely alive," a low, husky voice said. "The resurrection worked!"

"Please tell me you're not joking," Percy said.

"Nope. Not this time."

Annabeth groaned and shook her head slowly. "Mmm mmd mmts."

Percy gripped her hand tighter. "What was that? Annabeth?"

"My head hurts," someone translated. Piper.

"Does it?" Percy said sympathetically. "It's okay. Jason, fetch some ambrosia, and Piper, you get the nectar."

Two people rushed off, then returned a minute later.

Sweet liquid, thick as honey, trickled down her lips and chin. Nectar. Her mouth was slightly parted and fed with a crumbly substance. It tasted like roast chicken, one of her favourite foods.

"Hmmm."

"You like that?" Percy asked with a laugh. "Think you can open your eyes, maybe?"

Annabeth sighed heavily, then flickered them open.

The familiar ship, the Argo II, loomed around her. It looked cleaner since she'd last been here. She recognised herself on the lower deck, in her old bedroom, in her old bed.

Her clothes and hair had been changed, making her look very girly. She despised it all, but knew it was Piper's way of being kind.

She saw Piper, Leo, Jason, Grover, Frank and Nico lined up at the back of the room. The god Apollo smirked to one side. Percy sat on the edge of her bed, smiling cheekily at her.

By gods, he looked more gorgeous than she could ever believe. He wore a slim-fitting black tee with dark jeans and grey converse. His black hair was windswept and tangled and scruffy. His eyes were the colour of the sea as always, yet they shined bluer and greener and brighter than ever.

Her Percy. Just the way she loved him.

"Hey, S-Seaweed Brain."

"Hey, Wise Girl."

"L-long time no s-see, I-I guess."

"Too right there. Thought it would be forever."

"Can't g-get rid of me th-that easily, Perseus J-Jackson."

"Couldn't if I wanted to."

He kissed her forehead. "You'll be fine."

"I will. W-with you here b-by my side."

"You better get some rest."

"I've been d-dead for two days. Got p-plenty of rest."

Percy rolled his eyes. "That's not sleeping. And don't think like that."

"Where's H-Hazel?"

"She went to get some of your clothes. They were moved out when... when we thought..." He gulped.

"It's okay," Annabeth said. She gently squeezed his hand. "G-go. I'll get s-s-some sleep."

"If you're sure -"

"Wait."

Percy paused. "What is it?"

"One kiss."

Percy gave her a heartwarming grin that made her insides melt. Slowly, he leant in and pressed his lips to her. The kiss was gentle and sweet and just perfect.

"I love you," he whispered, his forehead against hers.

"I l-love you too," Annabeth whispered back.

Piper cooed. "It's so nice to see you guys together again!"

Everyone laughed.

The moment was perfect.

********

Short again, but the third updae tonight! Good right?

Hope you're all looking forward to the last couple of chapters! Then it's time for the much-anticipated (by me mostly!) sequel.

~ Lauren Susan xx