Chapter Thirty-Two ~ A Percabeth Wedding

• Dedicated to ALL MY FANS - 10 PAGES FOR YOU!

• Chapter Thirty-Two • 

• A Percabeth Wedding •

• PERCY •

"Are you nervous?" Sally asked as she straightened Percy's tie.

Her son nodded. "Of course I am. But the nerves are worth it. In just under an hour, I'm marrying the best girl in the whole world."

Sally smiled. "I had better go and see Chiron," she said. "You go and check those silly boys - sorry, men, as I'm supposed to call them - in your cabin. Sounds as if Leo's got them doing stand-up comedy or something even more tragic, by the sounds of it."

Percy's mother walked out of the tent. It was huge and white and had been set up in the camp grounds by the harpies overnight. The campfire was inside, and would be dimly lit, so that Hestia could sit comfortably at her hearth. Percy was also intrigued to know what the mood of the guests would be like.

Every camper was invited. Some couldn't make it, due to minor quests or visiting mortal families. Most of Ares weren't coming out of respect for Clarisse - not that she deserved their respect. Not that she deserved anything. Nobody had seen or heard of her and Chris since the attempted murder two weeks ago. Chiron suspected they had rallied with Gaia's remaining forces, but even the old centaur didn't yet know what to expect. Nobody did.

Percy walked up to his cabin and opened the door. The sight that greeted him was truly strange... and rather hideous. Leo was dancing with Jason, both of them in their boxers, with... was that treacle on their hands? The rest were applauding and whistling, egging them on.

"What's this?" Percy demanded.

Everyone stopped cheering. Paul smiled sheepishly.

"Hey, Percy," he said. "The lads were just, um..."

"Dares," Frank said quickly. "Leo started it!"

"Roman douche," Leo muttered. Then a little louder, "We were just, er, playing a little silly game."

Percy scowled. "You wanna play, boys? Bring. It. On."

Percy concentrated on the water in the fountain, and then the water in his bathroom, and then the water of the canoe lake, and then the water from Long Island Sound. Soon he had enough water on his mind, and all it had taken was a mere second.

"What are you going to do, Percy, man?" Grover asked nervously.

Percy screwed his eyes shut, and felt the familiar tug in the pit of his gut. He yelled out, and water splayed from every crevice and crack in the floorboards and walls, jetting from behind him, pouring from the roof.

Jason and Leo were splattered first. Jason didn't look so much like Superman in his sodden Elmo underwear and shivering wet. Leo looked more impish than ever as he grinned, his custom-made Holy Hephaestus' Hotwires! boxers soggy throughout. The treacle had stuck all over them now, in their hair and faces. Jason looked thunderous, but said and did nothing.

Paul got hit next, drowsed immediately through his grey t-shirt and faded jeans. Frank, Tyson, Grover and Nico soon got soaked too. Thankfully none of them were in their wedding attire like Percy.

As hoped for, Percy remained dry. He smiled and turned to leave.

"Oh," he said glancing over his shoulder. "Next time you wanna play, don't do it with the son of Poseidon."

"Rematch!" Leo demanded.

"Shut up, Leo!"