7

DIONNE

As I sit next to him, watching the beautiful clear water and the multicolored trees that seem to whisper, I realize that for the first time, I'm in true danger. Because this place is peaceful and the half naked man beside me is tempting me to set this forest on fire by giving into my desire.

I'm attracted to the powerful alien that wrung Trey like a doll.

It's not just his massive pectorals that call for me to flatten my face against them, or the thick biceps that challenge me to test if both of my hands can circle them, or the perfect squares on his abdomen that are like blocks in a city I want to travel.

I'm attracted because he's kind. Although I still have a headache from the drug he gave me, and he assaulted the man I formerly dreamed of marrying, and he flashed me his cocks, things could have been worse without him.

Besides, the flashing was more a gift than anything else. I'm certainly not complaining.

Does he feel the same attraction, as illogical as it is? I mean, he practically declared it when he said he "wants me." Or perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and reading too far into it. We are aliens to each other, after all. Maybe asking if someone is married and telling them you want them is a way of offering friendship on this planet.

I run a hand down my face, exhausted. I don't do well when I have nothing to do. My hands are used to being busy. As clumsy as I can be, I feel whole whenever I'm working on a project. But this big guy is telling me to sit back and wait to be rescued, so the only thing I have for entertainment are my dangerous feelings.

Well, I guess I should straighten things out with Trey.

" I would like to return, please."

I need to get off this log. While my feet are cooled by the water, the rest of me is overheating because I'm sitting next to the handsome, muscular guy.

I rub my chin— the last place he touched me at, as I find the courage to look at him. "What's your name?"

"Vadnar."

His name shouldn't make goosebumps scatter across my skin, but here I am, stuck between hot and cold. Between attracted and cautious.

I clear my throat. "Thanks for everything, Vadnar. I'd like to speak with Trey now."

He frowns, either because I mentioned Trey or because my tone has become distant. I'm treating him like a coworker and not the sexy heart-throb that he is.

He swings me into his arms without asking, unwilling to put a wall up like I did. This time, I'm not as reluctant to be in his embrace. This time, I subtly press my ear against his bare chest and wonder how his soothing, rumbling voice would sound.

"Speak with the boy," he instructs before setting me down. "I will wait out here, and then I will take you home to clarify some things."

He knows Trey isn't a boy, but sticks to the nickname.

"I really can't stay here with him?"

He crosses his massive arms, and that's the end of that. I really wish he put on his shirt, because with those abs on display, speaking both English and Zolan is becoming increasingly difficult.

"Trey?" I call out in English as I peek into the shed.

He's slumped against the wall, scowling. His hand rubs his chest, which probably aches from the punch. Something tells me to be grateful because that punch was a love tap compared to what Vadnar's true potential.

"Did he tell you how to get the fuck off this backward place or not?"

I sigh and kneel beside him. "No. He's as shocked about us being here as we are. Let me see the injury."