14 & 15

DEE

I have a lot of time to think about things while in this cell. Often, I think about Vadnar and I, but right now, I wonder what's happening on Earth. Is NASA scrambling to find what happened to Trey and I? Is Kira working on reversing the portal? Is my mom devastated?

I don't see much of her nowadays. We live in different cities, and being an only child, our Christmas gatherings tend to be small. It's just her and I. Recently, she had been nagging me about getting a boyfriend. That's one of the reasons I keep her at arms length, but I still love her.

What would she think of my intergalactic situationship? I wouldn't call Vadnar my boyfriend, because we haven't had a conversation yet. But we're something, because the guy has mapped my sex with his tongue and swallowed my most intimate defeat.

After he unraveled me, we spoke briefly and then he held me in his embrace until I fell asleep. My stomach was tight with hunger, but I wanted to leave some food for Vadnar.

I slept soundly in his arms, pillowed by his muscles and blanketed by his warm breath.

I was vaguely aware of our surroundings. The coliseum never sleeps, distant clatter, footsteps and voices keeping it alive. I don't think Vadnar slept much, either. He's always on high alert, those watchful eyes of his always looking for danger and for ways to melt me.

It's morning now, and our latest bickering was over breakfast. He wanted me to eat the food I saved for him, but I knew he was starving. I lost the battle when he grunted, pulled me to his lap, and hand-fed me.

Now, he's on the floor, hauling himself up in a brutal set of push-ups. He's preparing to fight in the arena again. Although his muscles are bulging and his skin glistens, my anxiety dwarfs my sexual desire.

He's running low on energy and hasn't slept. At this rate, his streak of wins won't get far.

"Isn't that enough?" I ask, feeling overheated by watching him although I haven't moved a muscle.

"I'm fine," he says, his voice strained as he lifts himself for the hundred time.

I bite my lip to hold back my pleas. He knows his limits, and I need to trust him.

"And the enraged state?" I ask, glancing at the corner of the jail as I wait for guards to show up and haul him to the arena.

I'm ready to unroll his cock in my mouth and return the pleasure he brought me yesterday. We all need to pull our weight around here, and if I have to do that by being on my knees, then so be it.

Vadnar stops his manic exercise. He stands and approaches me. I remain seated on the bed, looking up at him with wide eyes. Even in these circumstances, where we don't have many options, Vadnar is unpredictable. We have grown close, but my body still innately recognizes him as a predator. Not even I'm safe from him, and he proved that last night when he devoured me.

"I will say this once, and I will not hear any of your back-talk," he says.

My lips part, surprised, because he has never drawn the line like this.

"I will go to the arena without the enraged state. You will not pleasure me on demand, because you are not a toy."

"But that's crazy!" I blurt. "I thought we agreed that I would be the one to help you prepare for the arena."

"I must protect you, Dee. Your body, and your mind. I will not use you sexually. I will survive the arena in my weaker form."

I can tell by the way he's looking at me that he will not bend on this.

"I'm already uneasy letting you watch the match. Do not ask for more."

With a grunt of displeasure, I cross my arms and look at a dirty corner of the cell.