8

Please vote if you're enjoying the story ❤️
VADNAR

They're here. As I was distracted, lost in brown eyes sparkling in a wonderful mix of innocence and mischief, they snuck onto my land.

"Run!" I yell at Dee over my shoulder as I barrel toward the men. There's too many of them, all armed and organized, but that doesn't deter me. I will paint my farm red today to defend my land and my female.

Two males come at me at once, dressed in dirty brown hide matted with blood. I don't know if it's Trey's blood, but for Dee's sake, I hope he's alive.

I kick one in the gut, propelling him to the ground. I swing my axe at the other, going for the neck and not waiting for his blood to splatter on the grass before I move onto the fallen one. I use my boot this time, stepping on his head and sending him into permanent darkness.

A stray male runs around me and goes for Dee. Knowing my short female, he will reach her in no time.

I'm seething as I b-line for him, throwing my axe and taking him down. Dee is cowering behind a tree, torn between running and helping.
"Run!" I yell again, snatching a dagger from the hip of a fallen male.

Three come at me, and I slash and stab away, but the second I hear a whimper— that damned, little cry, I drop the dagger and raise my hands.

It's over. They have Dee, so they can have me as well.

A slaver clutches onto her, looking unhappy to have a branch stabbed into his thigh. Dee got some damage done before he subdued her.

That's my human.

"You killed some of my best men, you rotten master!" The ringleader seethes and comes to kneel me in the gut.

I don't make a sound when pain erupts in my abdomen. Dee is looking at me, and I must be strong for her.

"They really are fucking animals," one of the men says incredulously.

"And this whore? What the fuck is wrong with her? Discolored, short and ugly. Look at her features!"

"All sorts of creatures have begun to sprout. First masters, and now these things."

The ringleader goes to touch Dee'a hair, and with all the energy in my soul, I boom, "don't touch her!" My chest pulses with power, like my ancestors spoke through me.

The ringleader looks taken back and steps away. But the weakness is only there for a second, because he quickly straightens his back and demeanor.
"You are property now. My livestock. You will fuck and fight in my cage and make me a rich man." He points at me, and at Dee. "And she? She will be the feed for the livestock. That's right. On your very first night, you'll have to fuck her in front of the crowd for all of us to enjoy!" He grins.

I thrust myself forward, and my snarl is followed by a loud pop when my right shoulder dislocates.

"Fuck!" The men that hold me back yelp.

The pain in my shoulder is blinding, but I don't need to see. I can smell these monsters, and even in darkness, I could slaughter them.

Dee covers her mouth and looks at me in terror.

I throw myself back, popping the bone back in place.

I will be no slave, no livestock. And neither will Dee. I will slaughter them all. Men like me have been hiding for too long. Today, I give up my title as a farmer.

My arms are bound in rope. I don't tear my eyes from Dee as I'm dragged to a cart. There are many openings as they handle me. I could fight my way out of this, but I don't dare risk Dee's life.

I'm tossed on the cart, and Dee is dragged on, too. Her hands are bound by her stomach. They keep her across from me. Her big, brown eyes bring an ache to my chest worse than the one in my shoulder.

"Bring her," I say, bending my knees so they're propped up. "Now."

There's no response, so I slam a heel into the cart's wood, popping a hole in it.

"Give her the bitch before he breaks the cart!" The ringleader yells from the front.

Dee is dragged forward. She sits between my thighs with her back against my chest. I have her close now. Safer.

I can feel her slightly trembling with fear.

"I will free us," I whisper against her ear. "Trust me."

A male binds a cloth around my mouth, gagging me. I glare, but I can't push my luck anymore. She's in my arms, and that will keep me sane for now.

The cart pulls forward. They didn't care to loot the farm. They were only interested in me. As we pass the shed, I spot beady little blue eyes peering out.
Trey.

He shuts the shed door slowly, securing himself. He has abandoned us like a coward.

I lean my forehead so it rests on the crown of Dee's head. I hope this comforts her, because we have a long road ahead of us.

A tarp is rolled atop the cart, blocking us from view. That means they're probably going to cut through towns to get to their destination quickly.

I wonder how they found me. Did the witch sell me out?

It doesn't matter. When the night falls and they set up camp, I'm killing the few men that remain and burn this cart to the ground.

We travel for hours, the only sounds being the wheels and the grunting beasts that drag the cart forward. The slavers don't talk much, but when they do, they whisper.

Their eyes often trail over Dee, likely calculating how much they could make from her. Nowadays, only males are captured as gladiators. Masters. There are plenty of free women that offer themselves for a quick fuck.

They didn't have to take Dee, but they did because they know she's one of my weaknesses. They can control me through her better than a leash around my neck could.

I exhale deeply, calling out to her with my breath that curls at the nape of her neck. Her body responds, a shudder ranking through her. I want her to know that I'm here to protect her, to free her.

And when I get us out of this, I'm going to fuck her. Because if there's nothing this infuriating day taught me, it's that it's time that we live a little.