The Captain's Entertainer: ZOLAN BOOK 4

I'm half-human, half-Zolan—the descendant of Queen Dee and King Vadnar. My family and I have lived our whole lives hiding from the world on an isolated island.
After years of staring at the horizon, I decide to leave the island. My curiosity leads me to a military camp, but the only jobs available are for Entertainers. With no other option, I enlist as an Entertainer and avoid the Masters. But then I meet The Captain and realize I can't keep hiding. His dark, hungry gaze is impossible to ignore. He's interested in me and convinced I'm an Entertainer. Admitting otherwise will get me kicked out of camp.

🔥 TEASER 🔥

"You're enlisting as entertainers?" She asks, her voice flat and face bored as if she has asked this a thousand times.

Sidra and I nod.

"Very well. And do you have experience entertaining men?"

"Yes," I quickly reply. "I've entertained plenty of men."

I always got along better with boys than girls at Terra. We would go hunting and cliff-diving together. The girls weren't very interested.

The woman looks unimpressed. "Such as who? Did you work at a camp before?"

"No, but I entertained my father and cousins. Plenty of men. I don't discriminate. We always had a fun time."

Those words crack her bored demeanor. She frowns at me. "Your father?"

I shrug. "Yeah. Sidra did too."

Sidra eagerly nods. "Yeah my daddy and I always had a great time."

"Ancestors have mercy," she mutters.

I'm not sure what that means, but I learned at the market that much of the Zolan slang makes no sense to me.

The woman clears her throat and shuffles her feet. She doesn't look at us as she says, "Right. I suppose you will do. There will just be some paperwork to fill and rules to review. Then I will show you to your tents. Welcome to camp, girls."

THE CAPTAIN'S ENTERTAINER IS ON PATREON.COM/ANCIENTT (link in my bio)

ALSO SEE: The Captain (Zolan Book 2), complete on Amazon