11

DEE

I'm full of emotion as I watch Vadnar pace. I'm glad he entered the enraged state, but unnerved because he still has to fight. Who knows what will be waiting for him at the arena, or if we'll be separated again.

I surprised myself when I was on my knees, my mouth full of cock. My need for us to survive was quickly overshadowed my desire, and my lips moved because I wanted to please him, not because I had to.

I wish the circumstances were different, but I don't regret filling myself with him.

He paces for a long time, brimming with energy. The other two prisoners remain quiet, and I wonder how many times they've fought in the arena to have survived a month.

Hill is cruel, but his spirit seems unbroken. Maybe we will survive a month too, but I don't think Vadnar has plans on staying that long.

I hear the daunting sound of footsteps as the ringleader returns. He barks at Vadnar to turn and show his hands, and makes quick work of tying his hands. This time, he uses a strange thin wire. When Vadnar resists, small spikes appear and bite his skin. I flinch when blood sprays, and rub his arm to get him to relax.

When the spikes contract, the cell door opens and Vadnar is led outside. They slam the door on me, locking me and not bothering to bind me. It's like they have no confidence that I'll escape. They're right. Without Vadnar, I'm not going anywhere.

"Vadnar," I whisper his name, the taste of his seed still on my lips.

His eyes meet mine. He gives me a subtle nod, his eyes focused. I grip the bars so tightly my knuckles crack, and I exhake shakily. My breath reaches him, but it's not enough. I need to feel his skin with my fingertips, hear his heart beat against my ear.

Fuck. I regret not taking advantage of the time when we were free to confess my feelings.

"I'll return," he promises. I want to cry and hug him so they drag me with him, but I can't risk punishment.

The two guards and ringleader guide the way upstairs. In the distance, I hear Hull say, "goodluck. We will see if that magical pussy will save you tonight."

Vadnar stiffens, but a push from the ringleader has him redirecting his snarl. They stare at each other for a long minute, the ringleader breaking away and signing his death certificate.

"One day, I will strangle you. And you will spend those last twenty seconds of your life desiring freedom worse than I did when I was incarcerated."

I shudder, never having seen Vadnar so cold.

Hull makes a sound of agreement; the first time the two agree on something.

The ringleader opens his mouth to reply, but is so shaken he purses his lips and tugs him away.

I stare at Vadnar's shadow until it disappears, and then panic fills the cell.

There's a long stretch of silence, but I hear excitement building in the distance. A steady thump of footsteps and a melody of cheers. It's awful how they're making music while celebrating such a horrendous sport.

An announcer shouts to the crowd, but I can barely make out the words. I pace in the cell. Is this what the enraged state feels like?

After a few more minutes, the shouts and stomps make the walls vibrate.

"He's unstoppable!" Comes the announcer's barely audible voice.

Who is? Vadnar? Is he winning? Who is the gladiator he's fighting?

"A master!"

"An arena king!"

The next half hour is excruciating. I'm disoriented, having no idea who's winning. When I hear footsteps approaching, I throw myself at the cells.