44 | The End

DEE

When Vadnar returns, I explain everything. He's skeptical about the supposed magical ring, but we put it aside.

We go for a walk around the grounds, fingers entwined. He looks around the garden. At first I think he's enjoying the flowers but then realize he's scanning the corners for intruders.

It makes my heart ache that he's on high alert. That he can't enjoy something as simple as a walk now that he's a king while I'm free to admire the stars and everything in between.

I make a mental note to make it up to him later.

After our walk, we share a meal with Vaine and the others. Vaine winds up standing behind Vadnar, combing his hair. Vadnar scowls but doesn't have the strength to curse him off. We're all amused as we watch the frowning king, but know better than to tease him.

Later that night in our bedroom, I take the dagger he's sharpening and set it on the table. He's confused, but the expression is wiped away when I lower myself to my knees.

His abs are drenched in the moonlight that comes from the window as I please him. Enjoying his twins, thanking them for painting my womb with his white seed.

Vadnar doesn't care to hide his groans. He's louder than ever, muscular thighs bound tight as my lips work him.

I pull both of his cocks into my mouth, and it doesn't take long before I'm swallowing his warmth.

He tries to return the favor, but if he fucks me again, I'll be bedridden. I hug him tight and tell him that was only for him. That he deserves it.

He stares at me for a long time, his expression schooled. But then he kisses my forehead, cheeks, and chin, and I realize he had been admiring me.

We lay in bed and talk about places we want to go—like the beach. Although we're bound to this palace as it's leaders, we want to explore beyond the walls on ocassional trips. Keep living life.

Although the road was rough on us as we were being hunted and fighting slavers, we met wonderful people and made warm memories. I want to make sure our child gets a taste of life beyond the palace.

A few days pass by, and I forget about the ring Trey brought me. I'm focused on Vadnar and this transition we're making.

One month later, I've made great progress with my printing press. Vadnar has been busy, but always makes time for us. Hull moved a girl into the palace. She's a sweetheart—even lies about liking my cooking like Hull and Vadnar do. Vaine is the only one that's honest and tells me how awful it is. And no one can scold him for it, even me, because we love him too much.

Although I miss Cherry, Kira, and all the wonderful women of Earth that I once knew, I'm grateful to be here. This is my rightful place.

I pick up my hammer and move around the table. I run into the golden ring, and pick it up. It's warm, although it has been sitting untouched for a month. I study it closely, but find nothing remarkable about it. What do I do with it? Do I even want to tap into a new world? Last time I did that, Vadnar and Ranrok were dragged to Earth and only one came back.

Maybe it's best to return it to Trey. I have no use for it and have many projects to finish.

During dinner, I ask Vadnar to summon Trey. He should still be in the city. I want to return the ring to him so it doesn't gather dust in my workshop and go forgotten.

Vadnar sends the order, and although I expect Trey to report himself in the morning, the man appears within the hour, alert and ready to serve.

It warms my heart seeing his loyalty, but I quickly assure him that everything is fine. I extend the ring to him, but he rejects it, insisting that it's mine.