Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse

Chapter 39

Its another random Monday in October and I'm spending it in my brand new office at Shane's father's headquarters of his business. Ever since I graduated last may from the University of Toronto Jared offered me a job in the marketing place of his still growing company.

Friday we had a board meeting that actually involved Jared, which I figured out meant that it was a very important meeting. Even though it was just the marketing board not the rest of the employees, Jared being there made everyone almost tense up in a way that made me laugh. The best part was probably when he came into the meeting room and I got up and gave him a hug. The looks on everyone's faces were priceless.

Getting to the important part, I have been moved up to be one of two of the people who are head of the market board. Jared had presented ways that I've improved the company faster than many other people and he believes that I should be moved up. Everyone else seemed to agree, or maybe that's because they were surprised to see the head employer who travels most of his time, standing right in from of them, promoting some girl who just started a couple months ago.

Now I have an office with an expensive desk. (Also another plus to having your boss as your boyfriend's dad.) But I really did work hard for this job, I really wanted it. After working at the restaurant for a while and making some new friends I realized that I needed to move on. It was really a great job though.

"Knock, knock," someone says quietly as the open my door without actually knocking. Looking up from my computer screen I lock eyes with his perfect blue ones. "Hey babe," I stand up from my new rolly chair and walk towards Shane. He's holding a bouquet of flowers and a bag of something else.

"Hello, Mr. Shane," I giggle and I lean up to kiss his lips.

"How are you liking your new office?" He smirks as he walks over to my desk placing the flowers down before lifting the bag he's holding to pull out a new vase.

"I'm liking even more when you're standing in it," I walk around the spacious office. "Did you tell your father, that I liked this desk? Because remember we saw it together and I told you I liked it?"

"I did tell him, I want you to be happy working here. Just forget that I told him you liked it," he laughs as he pours a bottle of water in the vase before putting the colorful bouquet of flowers into it. "I got these for you, for your office," I laugh as he states the obvious.

"Thank you, Shane," I kiss his cheek before going over and sitting in my comfortable new chair.

"So you like everything?" He asks sitting across from me over my desk.

"Yeah I really do, I'm so glad I have a job here,"

"I see you have a visitor already," my head snaps to my office door that is now wide open presenting Shane's father who is Toronto for the rest of the month.

"She does, I just wanted to check out the office you got her," Shane says as he stands and walks around the back of my chair before resting his big hands on my shoulders.

"I really like it thank you for everything Jared," I smile.

"Anything for you Alex," he smiles before looking at his expensive looking watch. "I have to make a call but I'll see you before the end of the day," he says a quick goodbye before closing my office door softly.

"Yeah I better get back to work too," he smiles and leans down and kisses my lips a couple times before kissing my forehead softly making me close my eyes for a moment.

"Have fun," I wink and he laughs before kissing me again and telling me he'll see me later.

"Oh, Shane! I have to stop and at the drugstore, before I come home so I might be a little later coming home," he nods before saying a quick I love you back and forth.