Chapter 10- The Hospital

Chapter 10

My alarm went off just like a normal Monday. The weekends memories making me smile on this early morning.

Shane.

What are we? What is the status of our relationship.

I'm not sure. That scares me.

Trying to reach the snooze button, wiggling to get out of his grip. He mumbles some words before his grips gets harder and pulls me back into his chest.

"Don't go," his raspy morning voice whispers in my ear.

"Let me turn off the alarm," I giggle looking at his perfect face. Eyes still closed, eye lashes laying above his cheek bones.

"Fine," he mumbles, loosening his grip slowly. I reach and shut the alarm off. Pulling me back flush against his chest. His eyes opening now, they squint with the bright light flowing in from my window.

"Morning," I whisper tracing my finger tips all over his face.

"Morning beautiful," his breath is on my lips I look up into his big blue sparkling eyes. He's the beautiful one.

My thoughts go back to that night he found me in my worst state. No one was suppose to see that, so many memories to think about whenever I see the scars. I can't help but feel like Shane says these things because of pity or because he actually thinks I'm beautiful. I always feel like the first choice is the right one. I think he noticed how my smile dropped because his eye brows furrowed.

"What's wrong?" His hand leaving my hip, to rest on my cheek, his thumb rubbing back a forth.

"N-nothing" I can't help but stutter at the feeling of his touch.

"Tell me," he almost begs, "please."

I don't know what to say, I don't want to say what I was thinking, my mind goes blank. His big eyes staring into mine.

"Do you do this 'cause you feel bad?"

"Why would you think that?" He asked back.

Why wouldn't I?

"Because as soon as you saw me that night you've been almost... Nicer? Like you've always been nice, but it seems you try harder, like you've taken me out more. I don't know" I ramble.

"You know, the first day I saw you, when your we're leaving the house, I knew something was different about you," he pauses to look up at my eyes before going back down to the piece of hair he's playing with. "I knew from that moment when I saw you, that I wanted to get to know you better, get to know the true you. That day, I knew I needed to take less things that are so beautiful for granted. That's why I try now, because when I saw you on the floor in that bathroom I knew that I could have possibly lost you... That you might have not been here today, I don't want to loose you," he ends in barely a whisper. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself in for a hug, his hands wrap around my torso, I feel so safe. Almost perfect.

"You're so small," Shane laughs as he reaches for the two cups I was reaching for with ez.

"Hey!" I playfully punch his arm, he winced but I know it's fake. "Breakfast is ready, I just have to get the coffee"

"I'll get it, relax," Shane takes the cups to the coffee machine and pours the coffee. I our plates of food over to the table.

"What are you doing for the long weekend? It's this weekend right?" Shane questions after taking a sip of the coffee.

"Nothing actually, I was just going to stay here,"

"Oh, well, umm... Do you, uh, want to come with me to this cabin my, um parents own?"