Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival

Chapter 21

Cuddling closer to the source of heat my eyes refuse to open. Inhaling deeply, comes a familiar scent. Finally opening my eyes, what comes into view almost scares me. Shane's chin is full of stubble, and lips slightly parted. So peaceful, and calm. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

My science teacher in grade eleven was telling us how, every single person, their face, you have had to see it in your life before. It could have been a glace, it could have just running into someone at the supermarket, but you would have had to see them for at least a second. I wonder who he see's in his dreams.

Sitting up, Shane's arms loosen on me quickly. I glance around my room. Did I even come up stairs last night?

Looking at the clock it says it's already half past nine! I missed practice! How could I be so stupid and forget.

"Shane wake up! You're late!" I nudge the sleeping beauty, and he just grunts and waves me off.

"No! Shane it's nine thirty! You're late for work!"

This time his eyes shoot open and he's sitting up in seconds.

"I had soccer this morning! What am I going to tell them?" I groan running into my closet, I grab my LuLu Lemon yoga pants, with my U of T sweat shirt. Running into the washroom I clean up my make up and apply a little more mascara, and fixing the dark bags under my eyes.

"Damn your arse looks good in those," Shane whispers from behind me.

"Oh shush and get ready," I hit his arm as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush. "I don't even remember going upstairs to bed,"

"You shouldn't, I carried you up," his laugh echoes throughout the small bathroom.

"I'm going to get going. I'll leave the key on the counter in the kitchen, lock the door, and turn the lights off," I instruct while I tie my hair up into a messy bun. I don't think people have seen me dress like this on campus, normally I'm dressed fairly decent.

"Okay, but you already missed your first class, what's the rush," he takes ahold of my hand pulling me back into his chest.

"The rush is that it's going to be horrible trying to find a parking spot, and if I have time I'll stop and get coffee," I explain while giggling.

"Fine, I love you,"

"I love you! Don't forget to lock the door!" I remind while running down the stairs.

Taking off the apartment key and putting it on the counter, I grab my bag and purse and check that everything is in it. Running down the stairs into the underground parking area, I jump in my vehicle and drive off to the campus.

Once I got a parking spot, I see that there's enough time to grab a coffee and get to my next class. Luckily the Starbucks was in the same building as my world religion class.

Waiting in line, I find that I forgot my phone at home. Great.

"Hey there Alex! You missed the practice today," a voice comes from behind me. Knowing who it is exactly, I turn to face him.

"Yeah, I just had a long weekend, I didn't get home until late. Then I forgot to set an alarm, I'm sorry," I ramble. He's going to be angry, I just have this feeling.

"We all have that time at least once. No problem, next practice is at four on Wednesday night," he lets me know just as its my turn to order.

Once I got my pumpkin spice latte I go up the stairs and sit in my usual spot with two minutes to spare. The class room started to fill up just as the bell rang. I'm not exactly friends with anyone in my classes, I just stick to the people on the team and that's about it.