Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm

A/N sorry this is unedited. This is my first story so please tell me if you like it, and if you do vote because it would mean a lot. Thank you <3

_________________________________________

Chapter 7

Putting my hair up, and looking at myself one last time. As I reach for my phone it starts to ring.

"Hello?" I answer walking grabbing my bag looking inside to make sure I have everything.

"Hey Sweet Cheeks," a very familiar voice answered.

"What's up?" I ask going downstairs to fill my water bottle up.

"Ready to leave when you are," he says, I can tell already that he has a big smirk played on his lips.

"I'm on my way down," I laugh, hanging up the phone. Sliding on a pair of flip flops and throwing my cleats in my bag, I lock the door and run down the stairs and out the side door. I see him waving in his big blue Dodge diesel truck.

I open up the big door and hop in. "Hey Sweet Cheeks,"

"Hey Shane," I greet rolling my eyes.

"So you're going to win because I'm here. I'm your good luck charm," he makes conversation. I laugh, him, my good luck charm?

"We'll have to see," I giggle.

"Oh you're going to win! You're going to hear me cheering for you," he go's on. I laugh and tell him that I hope I hear him. We turn up the music and start to sing to the very familiar song Clarity by Zedd.

We park at the university fields, I see a couple of my team mates.

"I'll stay with you until coach gets here," I look up at Shane, and he's smiling down at me. His grey t-shirt fitting very good with his dark jeans that are loose. How can he look so perfect with just regular clothes on? We walk over to the bleachers where he will be sitting.

"You said you play defense?" He questions as we sit middle row.

"Yeah center defense," I answer getting out my shin guards and socks. Sliding them on quickly and pulling over my socks. I look up at Shane and shake my head. Why does he keep smiling at me? It sends my brain into overdrive!

"I feel like I'm going to play horrible just because someone is actually watching me," I admit, bringing my cleats out and putting them on.

"You're going to do great, just act like I'm not here," he suggests. Act like he's not here? How? He's all I can think about! "What team are you playing? Where are they from?"

"Washington State University," I answer, standing up to take off my sweater putting it in my bag. Fixing my white jersey.

"Ah, I see. You know what's odd? You have the same number as me... Number fifteen," he states.

"Really? What a coincidence" I giggle. Why do I always have to giggle so much around him? It makes me seem stupid. Why do you have to be so stupid Alex?

"Do you need me to hold anything for you?" He asks shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Umm, could you hold my phone? Just don't loose it," I say handing him my cellular device.

"Don't worry, won't happen," he stuffs the phone in his pocket.

"Oh there's coach better get going," I say picking up my bag.

"Good luck Sweet Cheeks" he stands up. "I'm going to sit on the bottom row so I don't yell in people's ears"

I laugh a shake my head, "see ya,"