Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things

Chapter 35

I don't know what's worse, the fact that my eyes feel so swollen to the point where I can barely see out of them, or that I've been sitting on a parked plane for the past forty minutes. I just want to get up and see Shane. At this point, I would get off the plane and walk to the gate that is apparently 'occupied.'

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, we are now pulling into our gate, its 1 am here in Toronto. The temperature is seven degrees Celsius. We hope that you enjoyed your flight from Rome, Italy, if this is your home,  welcome, if you're continuing on traveling or this is your vacation destination we hope you have a great time where ever you might end up. Thank you for flying with us," the flight attendants annoying voice finally stops talking, and seconds later the seat belt sign is turned off.  Reaching under the seat in front of me I pull my purse out and grab my phone. I quickly text Shane that I've landed and that I'll be out soon.

Being my turn I finally get up and begin to walk off the plane. Feeling the new air enter my lungs I get in line for customs which luckily isn't long at all. Getting through there easily after they ask why I went to Italy by myself for a week, they understood when I said my father was John Peterson. Which is quite odd considering my father is just a restaurant owner of multiple franchises all over the world. It's not like he's in movies or anything. Walking into the public area of the airport my eyes search for Shane.

His crystal blue eyes meet mine. There's something different about him, but I don't have to think about what it is because my legs move faster than my mind does and I jump into his arms. Pushing my face into his neck he smells like home, and I've missed it so much. "I missed you so much," he mumbles into my neck. My legs are around his waist and arms around his neck.

Slowly I let myself down from him, I let my arms detach even slower. As my feet hit the ground my hands rest on the sides of his neck. Standing on my toes I lean up for a kiss. His lips meet my own and everything feels so right. He pulls me close to his body. "I missed you more,"

Then I realize it. It's his hair. He cut it. It's not the long silky soft hair, he has it short and it styled up at the top. "You got a haircut," he must have just gotten it today because yesterday when we Skyped it wasn't like this. He looks handsome, super cute. I love it on him.

"I did," he chuckles lightly.

"It looks good on you,"

"I was hoping you'd like it," his beautiful smile looks down at me.

"I like anything on you," at my comment he pulls me to his side and kisses the top of my head. We walk over to pick up my suitcase, I honestly can't wait to just get home. After a few minutes of just laying my head on Shane's chest, my suitcase finally comes around, while my lovely boyfriend drags it behind him, he takes my hand and kisses the top of it.

"You look beautiful," his words shock me. For one, I'm in Lulu Lemon yoga pants with a U of T oversized sweater. Two, my eyes feel like the size of golf balls, which I believe probably doesn't look better than it feels. Once we get to where he parked I take notice how he took my car so he didn't have to park in the over height parking lot. Getting in the passenger seat, I wait for him to get in from putting my case in the back. Once we pull out and get on the road, with my head against the window I'm almost asleep. I did sleep on the plane, but that doesn't cover the exhaustion I feel right now. Shane's hand grabs mine and he places them both on the console in the middle. Even his small actions seem to take my breath away.

"I missed you so much, I don't think you understand," my words come out hoarse from the lack of talking.

"Oh baby I think I do," my eyes wander to him and a smirk plays on his lips, which starts to make me wonder. What is he up to?