Chapter 8- The Surprise

Chapter 8

The ride to the restaurant Shane was taking me to, was quite far. I think it felt longer because I didn't know where I was going, he wouldn't tell me. Of course.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we drive by once again another parking lot full of great restaurants that seem to be calling my name for their food. I'm so hungry.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight," he tries to change my mind again. Of course, once again when I ask where we're going he tells me I'm beautiful.

"You know... You've said that four times now. I'm starting to believe you're lying,"

"Alex, you look stunning I'm serious" he states. Jeez, that didn't really make it better.

Making a very unflattering noise, as I scoff. "Sure,"

I think I know what he's going to turn to now...

Grabbing his phone, he plugs it into his dash and Bruno Mars start to spill through the speakers.

"Oh! Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they aren't shining," he sings loudly over the already loud music, looking at me every chance he gets.

"My eyes are boring," I state.

"Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying. She's so beautiful, and I'll tell her every day"

"My hair took the longest to fix" I point out. He shuts the music off, and smiles and shakes his head.

"You'll realize one day, that you are completely beautiful just the way you are," he says and I realize we're parked in my favorite restaurant.

I bit my lip and smile at him. "You pay very good attention to my answers when we ask each other questions. I can't believe you remember from the first night when you asked me where I liked to eat. I said here,"

"I wouldn't let myself forget" he chuckles getting out of the massive truck. Just as I was about to open the door it opens for me.

"Could you get a bigger truck?" I ask sarcastically, jumping down from my seat, landing right in front of him. My boots making a loud noise sounding like high heels walks on the tile.

"I think I could," he jokes. I hit his arm playfully.

"You know you actually look so beautiful tonight," he says for the millionth time tonight. For some reason under his gaze, he's making somehow feel like I am.

"Well this accessory I got standing beside me makes everything look so much better."

"Why thank you," he replies in a very posh accent.

"For two," Shane says to the hostess who grabbed two menus and led us to the small booth, where we are now seated together.

His big ocean blue eyes making it hard to tear my gaze away from his, I force myself to look down at the menu.

"What do you feel like having?" I ask looking up at him and he still happens to be starring at me.

"I don't know I haven't looked yet," he mutters looking down at the menu, a small blush creeping on to his cheeks.

"Hi, my name is Brandy I'll be your waitress for this evening. What can I get you to drink?" Brandy asks sweetly. She only looked to be about eighteen.

"I'll have a Sprite," Shane orders, looking at me waiting for my order.

"Sprite too please" I order and Shane laughs as she walks away. "Shut up I wanted it,"