Chapter 22- The Visitors

Chapter 22

"Dad?"

"Also known as John," his statement makes me roll my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" The question tumbles from my lips before I can stop it. By the way his eyebrows raise I can tell he's surpirsed by my sudden question.

"Well, I have a couple of important meetings here, and your mother thought it would be a good idea to come visit, considering it's been a while," he explains, his hoarse voice echoes, bouncing off the walls.

"I see, it's not my fault you both picked up and moved to Italy the first chance you had," I look down at my hands, they come up to meet my lips, my old habit as a child makes a return, as does my biggest fear as a child. My outburst must have been pretty well done, because Shane is up and places the palm of his hand on my lower back. The contact makes my heart beat faster, yet settles me down. My father thinks that he bought me a nice car when he left that everything is okay.

"Alexandra, I know you've never been great at introductions, but you know I like to be introduced properly," he ignores what I just said, he sternly forces me to introduce my boyfriend. Leaning into Shane, his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Shane this is my dad John, dad this is my boyfriend Shane," I introduce, Shane reaches for my father's hand and he gladly takes it in.

"Nice to meet you son," my father just called my boyfriend, son? Weird. "You know, this is the first boyfriend of Alexandra's that I've met,"

My wide eyes meet the floor, trying to hide the shade of red that my cheeks have turned. It's true, I never had a boyfriend until about a month after they left, and every time they would come back here I would be single. But then again I've only had two boyfriends before Shane.

"Is that true?" Shane asks me, I nod yes and his chuckle confirms that he knows I'm embarrassed. He leans down and kisses my temple.

"Where's mom then?" I change the subject quickly, avoiding anymore embarrassment.

"She is still in the car, I'm going to go get her. I bet she would love a cup of tea, as do I," he to all to obviously hints. How long are they going to be in this city? I might go crazy before they leave.

As the door clicks shut I wait a couple seconds before letting out a very unattractive groan.

"What's wrong Sweet Cheeks?" Shane soothes as we walk into the kitchen together. I fill the kettle with water, setting it on the stove for it to heat.

"Why do they have to be here? I haven't talked to either of them in months, and all of a sudden he bursts through my apartment door? How did he even get in? I locked the door when I came in and you were already here," I wonder grabbing two tea bags putting them in mugs.

"I'm not sure Babe, but everything is going to be fine," he kisses my forehead as I lean agaisnt the countertop, waiting for the water to boil.

"They are going to ask to stay here, and then I'm going to have to ask Shanelle to stay at her boyfriends until they leave," I sigh, this is already stressing me out. They way he walks with his over expensive polo shirts, and his dress pants. The way his over shiny watch reflects light from the sun into your eyes, every little thing is beginning to get on my nerves.

"Take a deep breath and just breath," Shane tries to calm me down. The kettle whistles and it scares me making me jump. My nerves are completely shot, and my mother hasn't even made it through the door yet.

The door is pushed open and two figures walking through the door. I close my eyes holding in a breath. Both parents in the same room, as if my fathers entrance wasn't enough. Both dark figures make their way down the dark hallway. Once they reach the window lighting, my eyes are shut. Shane is holding my hand, and I can feel the heat coming off the steaming cups from behind me.