Chapter 6- The Scare

Chapter 6

I run up to the big brown house, it's 4:45. I was suppose to be here forty five minutes ago. I knock furiously, until the door opened but the cutest little boy.

"ALEX!" He yelled as I walked the through the door, hugging my legs tightly. I put my bag down on the floor, to pick up the cute little boy.

"MARCUS!" I yell, in the same enthusiastic voice, but much quieter. He giggles, and laughs as I tickle him. I set him down and we both walk into the kitchen, Shane and Chelsea are sitting at the table, and looks like they're having a serious conversation. They didn't seem to notice that me and Marcus even walked in.

"But Shane! I won't be able too!" She whines.

"Yes you will! I believe in you!" He encourages.

"Fine," she states feeling defeated.

"Won't be able to what?" I ask sitting down across from Shane and next to Chelsea.

"Well... Uh... You see... Shane wanted me to help you make dinner tonight," she stammered. I looked at her suspiciously.

"Yeah, 'cause Marcus wanted me to colour with him... Right?" He reassures Marcus.

"No, I wanted to colour with Alex... But I'll settle for you. Because I want to eat and then make cake!" He cheers.

Shane just shakes his head, while getting up and picking Marcus up holding him upside down. All I hear is giggles from down the hallway.

"What do you want to make?" I ask Chelsea while looking through the full cupboards.

"Ummm... How about... Hamburgers?" She asks.

"Sounds good!" I say.

"Shane! Marcus! Come eat!" Chelsea yells while she finishes setting the table and I put out the last plate. Marcus reluctantly comes running into the dinning room, quickly followed by Shane.

We take our usual spots, I'm across from Marcus and I'm beside Shane.

"Did you actually help Chelsea?" He asks the little girl, almost looking a little too playful. I don't think that was what they were talking about, when I walked into the room.

"I did! I set the table, and made the salad," she says joyfully smiling at herself as she takes a bite of the salad.

We finish cleaning up, and Marcus keeps begging to bake the cake.

"Okay! We'll bake the cake!" Shane says defeated.

We all walk into the kitchen, Chelsea, and Marcus pour all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Marcus stirs and stirs, and it became a smooth mix. I poured it in to the cake pan. I open the preheated oven to put the cake in, when it was grabbed out of my hand and I was pulled back by my waist.

"What are you doing?" I ask as Shane steps in front of me putting the cake in the oven, just as I was going to do.

"I don't want you to burn yourself," he shrugs and walks away. I let it go, he doesn't have to be so protective.

Twenty five minutes later the timer goes off and once again Shane gets it out before me. I sigh, and he looks at me with his eye brows furrowed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you won't let me do anything that can possibly harm me. I've put stuff in the oven a million times and you still won't let me do it,"

"I'm sorry Sweet Cheeks" he says and walks away. He's making me feel so guilty. All he was doing was caring, but really I can do simple tasks on my own.