Chapter 13- The New Unfound News

Chapter 13

After lots of crying, lots of me telling him how sorry I was, and lots of him squeezing me tight and assuring everything is going to end up fine, we were holding each other. Sometimes stealing quick kisses, which turned into teasing, which turns into makeouts. Not that either of us were complaining.

"Remember that guy, that was going to follow us home? From the fireworks," he questions soothing my hair down.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"The fight is next weekend, do you want to come? I'll understand if you don't want too," he invites.

"Of course I'll go, I get to see you sweaty with no shirt," I wink and he pulls me in, as our lips meet I begin to smile and can't stop it. He laughs into the kiss, making me break out into a giggle.

"I'm tired, I think I'm going to get ready," I say trying to get up, but to be brought back down almost instantly.

"Be quick," he whispers in my ear before releasing me. Getting a pair of shorts, and grabbing one of his many t-shirts. Going into the washroom I do my routine, taking the cast off, then slipping pajamas on. Hopping over into the closet, being met with Shane's laugh. I get back into bed and crawl up next to him. Getting under the covers, meeting his warm skin. He's not wearing a shirt nor pants. Just boxer's. Laying my head in his chest, he kisses the back of it.

Before I knew it, I drifted off into sleep.

"Are you sure you grabbed everything?" Shane asked once again for the fourth time this morning.

"Yes Shane, I looked everywhere twice. I packed your stuff, so all your clothes are in your bag, and I put the food in bags and you brought it out," I explain reassuring him, he begins to drive away, once we reach the bottom of the drive way he stops and looks at me.

"Did you grab all the chargers?" He asks, I nod and he pulls out on the to road.

I sing Cups by Anna Kendrick as I watch passing vehicles.

I look over at Shane and notice he's taking glances at me. Before the verse could start he demands me to keep singing, I quickly blush and say no, he urges me to do it. Just as it was going to start I turn it up really loud and sing along with it.

"I got my ticket for the long way round! The one with the prettiest of views, it's got mountain's, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers but it sure would be prettier with you," I poke Shane's cheek as I finish, turning down the radio.

Before I know it we pass the 'welcome' sign into the city. We take the ramp off the highway into the small expensive neighbourhood his family lives in.

We pull up to his families large house and get out of his truck.

Once I open the door, Shane following closely behind the kids look over to the door from the TV and their faces light up.

"Hey!" I greet them as they give me big hugs.

Shane's hand is on my side he starts to glide it around my back, "I'm going to go put my bag in my ro-" he was cut off by a deep voice.

"Hello son," I look up to meet a tall man who is just a tad shorter than Shane, with short blonde hair with dark blue eyes. Shane freezes, his hand still placed on my back.

"Hello father," he mutters, his arm snaked around my waist, I turn to look up at him, his face is cold, his jaw clenched, he's focused on the man in front of him. He looks to be about late forties.

"Is she another quick hookup? I though I told you to stop playing with girls and to grow up. And when I said grow up I didn't mean settle for anything," The tall man leans against the wall with his foot crossed over the other, with a large smirk plastered on his face. A stance that I'm all to familiar with. Shane tenses with every word. My heart starts to physically hurt at his words.