Chapter 16- The Dinner

Chapter 16

I put my Range Rover in park, Shane gets out of the truck and meets me at the tail gate. He takes my bag out of hand to hold, both of our bags in one hand.

"You drive slow," he teases, leaving a small kiss on the side of my mouth.

"Hey! There was an old lady in front of me who wouldn't get going!" I defend myself and he breaks out laughing. We walk up the the large brown door, Shane pushes his key in unlocking it. Stepping in the reveal Marcus sitting on the floor.

"Finally you guys came! I've been waiting! Mommy said you and Alex were coming home!" he smiles his large blue eyes moving from mind to Shane's at an unbelievably fast pace.

"We're here now! How have you been?" I ask Marcus bending down leaning on my knee, he reaches in a hugs me as tightly as he can.

"I missed you!"

"I've missed you too! But we'll be seeing each other all week!"

"Good!" the small blonde boy states stomping his foot down to get his point across. He walks away into the kitchen, these two kids I've grown incredibly attached too.

"Lets go downstairs and put all this away," he gestures to the bags, I nod following him down the stairs.

"If you want you fan out all your stuff in here,"

"Thank you," I begin to put my t-shirts and pants folded in each in their own sections.

After putting everything away we both go upstairs, in the kitchen I'm met with a tight hug from Belle.

"Feels like forever since I've got to actually talk to you!" She flashes a small smile, showing that she remembers our last encounter with her husband.

"Yeah! Where are you going?"

"Australia! Jared has a meeting there and wants me to go, we are going to do some sight seeing, should be good!" The middle aged lady rubs her hands together and smiles brightly.

"Shane!" She greets as if he wasn't standing there the whole time.

"Yes Mom," his overexaggerated smile make his mother roll her eyes.

"I wanted to remind you that your cousin Shelby's wedding is in two weeks," I step aside feeling as though I'm intruding a family conversation. Shane notices my quick movements and pulls me next to him, "I hope you're ready. I also think it would be a good idea if you bring your girlfriend,"

My eyes shoot up to meet hers, she smiles widely waiting for the answer from Shane.

"Of course she can come," Shane replies after what seems to be forever.

"Good, I'll let Shelby know, its just a couple towns over, so we'll be staying in a hotel. Do you want me to book one for you?" She asks Shane while dialing on the phone to call the soon to be bride.

"I can call the hotel, mom. What one is it?" He tells her, she holds her finger up to her son beofre telling him that she'll tell him in a bit.

We go and watch tv in the living room, I wonder where Chelsea is.

"Do you even want to go?" Shane's voice suddenly startles me.

"Do you want me to go?" I ask him, he might not want me to go, maybe he doesn't want me to meet all of his family. "I know it's a big step in our relationship, if you don't want me to go, I understand. You should still go with-"

"Al I want you to go, I want you to meet everyone. I just want to make sure you're okay with it all," his sincere smile telling me that he does want me to go.