Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation

Chapter 26

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the door. Putting my bags down, I begin to walk toward the kitchen following the delicious smell.

"Hey baby," Shane turns from the stove, to kiss me. "How was your fitness session?"

"It was alright," I smile up at his big eyes.

"I decided to make supper for us," he turns back to the stove to stir the pasta that is in the frying pan, with a creamy sauce on top.

"Looks amazing," I compliment.

"I'm sorry for what I did earlier, I shouldn't have said that. I love you and I don't want you to be mad at me," I take his wrist in my hand and collect his fingers with my own.

"Don't think about it anymore, I told you," I kiss his jawline. "I love you, please don't ever doubt that," his smile grows and white teeth come into play.

"Good because I'm not sure how this is going to turn out and I don't want you to be mad," I laugh and exit the kitchen running up the stairs to have a shower.

Coming back down I stop in front of the table jaw hanging open. There are two plates of pasta, a candle lit in the middle of the two plates being the only light visible. I turn and Shane walks out of the kitchen with two glasses to look to be pop.

He pulls the chair out for me, "for you, my beauty," he motions with his arm for me to sit.

"You are honestly so perfect," I tell him sincerely, his eyes sparkle into mine. He brings our plates out and sets mine down. The steam from the food hits my face making my moan at the smell.

___

"So when were you going to tell me about going to Phoenix?" Shane questions me as walk out of the washroom from clearing all the makeup off my face.

"I was going to tell you last night, but," my voice dies out before I can finish my sentence. I sit against the headboard as he approaches me.

He jumps over me landing nearly on top of me, before turning on to his side getting up close to my face. I will not look him in the eye, I can feel my face turning red already. "But what Sweet Cheeks?" The tone of his voice is all teasing.

"Shane," I mumble, my face heating even more. I turn into his shoulder and he chuckles.

"Go on," he urges for me to say it.

"We..." I don't finish because he did it for me.

"We made love baby," he tips my chin up with his index finger. "That was a first for the both of us," our lips finally meet and move against each other. "I've never loved, let alone loved someone this much,"

Our lips are barely apart before I whisper my love to him. "I was going to tell you last night, before things for carried away," I wink at him and his head shakes back and forth laughing. "Its in three weeks."

"I heard you tell your parents this morning," he breathes in the scent of my hair, tangling our fingers together. "My ticket is paid for by the university,"

"Really? That's good," his head rests on my shoulder with his arm around my stomach to my hip.

"I was thinking, you could come? Only if you wanted, the coach said people can come, we have to get our own hotel rooms and stuff," I ramble nervously about the upcoming event.

"I'll have to see," is his answer. That's it? "Baby, I'm tired right now, can we go to sleep?" I quickly comply turning out the lamp on the bedside table snuggling into the muscular teddy bear.