Chapter 3- The Fireworks

Chapter 3

Work was fun, and school wasn't as stressful anymore. Things were getting better. Shanelle and Blake were always together acting like the adorable couple they are. It's Saturday, at five, Belle told me that she had bought tickets for the firework show for tonight for the family to go, but it ended up that they were short of nurses. She asked me to go, considering she doesn't trust Shane with his siblings.

Shane helped me cook lots this week, we got to know each other more and more. He was actually interested in my homework one night when I had more than usual. Time seemed to go by to fast with him. I'm not sure why.

I knock at the door and Chelsea answers it.

"ALEX!" She yells hugging my legs.

"Chelsea!" I say in the same tone of voice just quieter.

"I love fireworks! Don't you? They are so pretty!" She exclaims, obviously really excited. I was too, I also hoped that Shane would come too. I'm not sure why, but I'll go with the fact that I don't want to be in a large crowd alone with two children.

"I do! They are very pretty! Just like you!" I said poking her nose, she wrinkles it and giggles. She turns around and runs away.

I stand up right and take off my shoes. I look up and look straight at Shane. The sight makes my heart race. He's leant against the door frame, laughing.

"Hey Sweet Cheeks, see something you like?" He asks, winking. My cheeks heat up, as I walk past him I punch his arm playfully.

"Oh she did not just punch me!" He says joking, turning around behind me, I look behind me and see him approaching me fast, I try and start to run but its too late because his arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me off the floor.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach. I playfully scream, and laugh as he tickles me. "Oh looks she's ticklish" he says tickling me more. Chelsea and Marcus are laughing at me.

"Help!" I call out. He finally sets me down when his mom walks in the room.

"Did I hear screaming?" Belle asks laughing knowing it was me.

"Yes! Shane was tickling Alex!" Chelsea states making my cheeks grow even more red in response.

"I see, well, tonight Alex is going to be taking you to the fireworks, I think Shane should go too. Don't you?" Belle asks who ever was going to respond, but it was mostly directed at the kids.

"Yeah!" Marcus and Chelsea both beg.

"Fine, what time do they start?" Shane says giving in quickly.

"I'm not sure, the tickets are on the table with some cash for treats. I have to go, love you all. Oh and Shane no driving, Alex will. Bye!" She was serious about the last part. I wonder why she didn't want him to drive.

"Fine" he says annoyed. I go look at the tickets when she walks out the door. They start letting people in at six, it's almost 5:30 now. There's activities for kids around there. The fireworks start at 8:00. It's across the city, so we could leave now.

"Grab a sweater and let's go," Shane calls from the door as I wait. We were both ready. Shane has a football hat on, Chicago Bulls I'm pretty sure, it makes him look incredible. Both kids come running down the stairs and jeans and sweater on. Shane locks the door when we all are out. I put Marcus in his booster seat that he has to sit in, and Chelsea sat there patiently. Shane got in the passenger seat. I started my Range Rover up, and I turned up the music a bit.

"Are you excited Shane?" Marcus asks curious. Shane looked over at me, I was hoping he would say he was, it would ruin Marcus' mood.

"Very! I haven't seen fireworks in a long time," he says looking back at him.