Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)

Chapter 19

As Shane and I walk into the reception area, he holds my waist pulling me into his side. Bending down to whisper in my ear he says, "you look stunning," and of course, I blush uncontrollably. Stand up as tall as I can, and capture his cheek with my lips before he can stand completely up to his towering hight. His smile grows as he guides us to the new table we've been assigned to sit at.

Shane told me that there's going to be a couple more speeches and then the dances, after all that we get to dance. He seemed to be very excited. We sit down at the table, and Shane nods greeting people he knows. When I came back from getting desert, he seemed and little curious about what had happened in the room. He never asked, so I never told him. I'll tell him another time, somewhere more private.

"Alex!" Chelsea embraces me into a hug.

"Hey pretty darling," I hug her tightly back.

"Are you having fun?" She asks me jumping on to my legs sitting on me. Shane is talking to an older lady, looking slightly similar to his grandmother.

"Lots! Are you?" She nods before telling me that she's going to play with her cousins until everything starts.

"Alex, this is my great Aunt Shirley! It's my grandma's sister," she reaches out her small delicate hand. Shaking it her smile is warming. "This is my girlfriend I was just telling you about," her eyes widen and she begins to tell me how in a short conversation with her nephew that he told her lots about me. Causing me to blush incredibly.

"Excuse me, could everyone begin to take their seats," someone from the front says into the microphone causing everyone to break into silence.

The mother and father begin to proceed the same speach as they did in the dinning room. Jared looks as if he's about to fall asleep, Belle is trying to take her best interest but quickly losing in to playing with her bracelet. The kids are colour in their colouring books. I look up to Shane and he seems to be examining me.

Just as he winks the crowd begins to clap and cheer, the couple begins to say their thank you's and Shane drags my chair over making a small screeching sound. Only the people around out table looks and Shane revives and drity look from his mother causing me to giggle into his chest. He kisses the top of my head, just as the announce that the first dance is going to start.

Make you feel my love by Adele begins to play. I lean up to Shane's ear and whisper, "I love this song," before he smirks down kissing my temple, making my heart to accelerate. The couple slowly dance gazing into each other eyes, exchanging a few words, all while smiling out of pure happiness.

As the song ends everyone begins to clap and cheer. Then they annouce that it's dancing time. Leaning agaisnt Shane as we begin to watch a bunch of people getting up to dance to an older song, we chuckle at the older couples showing off their old dance moves having a good time.

"We'll dance in a bit," Shane whispers in my ear, agreeing with him. Belle arrives with a 7UP she offered to fetch for me, thanking her I take a sip.

After about four songs Shane gets up as We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus starts to play. "I'm going to the washroom," he gives me a sweet peck on the lips before disappearing out of the door.

"Are you sure you're having a good time?" A voice startals me, turning around to face Shane's grandmother.

"I'm having a great time," I nod smiling, she sits beside me in the chair that Shane was just sitting in.

"Honey, I can really tell Shane likes you," she takes my hand squeezing it. "I can tell by the way he looks at you," my eyes are filling with tears because she seems so sincere, telling me all this. I blink away the watery droplets that were foming. "He used to tell me whenever he came over that he wanted a really beautiful girlfriend, and that she would mean the world to him. He told me that he would do whatever to protect her," she was in tears by then. Leaning in I give her a hug. Just as I pull away, someone clears their throat causing me to turn around.