26- You are my sunshine

--------

Theseus laid in his bed in a cold sweat after coughing all afternoon and a large portion of the night. More and more blood coming up each time. He hadn't thrown up, but he couldn't tell if he would rather that than this.

        He was tired. He supposed even immortals weren't invincible, that they too had a limit. Or maybe he wasn't strong enough to fight off the poison? Not strong enough to last a little longer, as Puffy told him to.

           He recognized this for what it was, he was dying. He knew it in the way he breathed and how tired he was, he knew it from the very air of his room.

He was scared, if he was honest. He was scared of what would happen beyond his death. What came after.

          Theseus found that he didn't want to fade away. Not like how his mother did. If he was honest, he was afraid of his family forgetting him. After all, they were immortal. They would live forever after his death.

        They would move on.

         There was a positive side to his feelings, as there always was.

          He was also glad. Glad his family had finally decided to try and get to know him. The way a family should.

            He'd made peace with the fact he was dying. He'd tried to make the most of his last days, and he felt he'd done a good job of it. He got closer with his family. He'd tried to help himself survive; he got Puffy to find out who poisoned him and to try and find a cure. But in the end, it was all for nothing, wasn't it?

             Things he accomplished, all for nothing. He found out the name of who tried to kill him- who did kill him. But it was horribly irrelevant now that he laid dying in his bed.

             At least he prepared for his death. That was something. That wasn't for nothing.

            He wrote letters.

             They ensured that they had something to remember him by. That they might not forget him.

          His eyes felt heavier than before. He felt... sleepy?  His eyes began to flutter shut. Just a few moments of sleep... it wouldn't hurt, would it?

        His eyes snapped open when he heard his door open and some shouting shortly after. He kept his eyes open to see what it was.

          Suddenly, Wilbur came into his view. "Wil?" He questioned, his voice scratchy from all the coughing. Wilbur nodded frantically before speaking in a choked up voice.

         "Yes, its me Theseus. What... what happened?" Theseus laughed a little, coughing as he did so.

          "I've been sick for a while. It started the day we had our first dinner together. Its the same sickness our mother had. I'm dying Wil, you know that, right?" Wilbur choked on a sob and gripped his hand.

           "No. You're not dying Theseus. Just keep your eyes open, Puffy is almost here." Wilbur said in between sniffles.

            How did he know about Puffy? That didn't matter, really. What did matter; was that Puffy was almost there. Theseus brushes the thought away.

            He nodded, "Can you sing to me, Wil?" Wilbur shook his head yes, and sat for a moment. Presumably thinking of a song to sing to Theseus.

           A moment later, Wilbur began singing.

        "What song", you may ask? 'You are my sunshine'.

          Theseus let a small, content smile come across his face as Wilbur gripped his hand and sung to him. In the middle of the song, Techno and Phil burst in, going quiet when they saw Wilbur and Theseus. Wilbur didn't stop singing, not even for a second.

         They slowly went to the bed where Theseus laid and Wilbur sat. Techno took Theseus' other hand, and Phil brushed Theseus' hair back.

Phil ran his fingers through Theseus' hair and Techno traced shapes on the back of his hand. Wilbur continued his singing, and Theseus listened contently.

          He was growing more tired by the end of the song, his eyes half closed as he listened to his family speak to him. They stopped talking after a while, and it was quiet. He moved his eyes to Wilburs when he spoke suddenly.

           "Sunshine, I know you're tired. Just- just close your eyes and rest, ok?" He began crying harder once he finished saying those words. Theseus nodded weakly and squeezed his brothers hands with the little strength he had left.

He decided dying here wasn't so bad. He was finally with his family. And they loved him just as much as he loved them. Theseus smiled.

He closed his eyes.

Somewhere far away, he heard his mother's voice.

------
Hello,

This was my first attempt at angst. I hope it was good.

Oh and thank you to CloudyStar345 for the idea of using 'you are my sunshine'

Have a wonderful day! <3

-Lav